No Signal Detected

Goldeneman1
Go to solution Solved by iamdarkyoshi,
Just now, Goldeneman1 said:

The code is "0000"

Looks to me like the BIOS on the motherboard does not support the CPU, but can be upgraded to support the CPU.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2389025/asus-z97-pro-4790k-red-cpu-light-debug-code.html

5 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Do you have any beeper speakers plugged into the motherboard? They should give you an error code. Maybe it is a RAM related issue, try reseating the RAM or trying one stick at a time

No speakers plugged in. Tried reseating and using one, but still No Signal Detected and that red light is still on...Going to try out this video 

, But if you have any suggestions I would be happy to hear them

Ok so it's still not POSTing. I feel like I am that the stage where it is my CPU that is giving me the issues because of that light. Anyone got any ideas?

2 minutes ago, Goldeneman1 said:

Ok so it's still not POSTing. I feel like I am that the stage where it is my CPU that is giving me the issues because of that light. Anyone got any ideas?

Try removing the BIOS battery with the machine unplugged, hold the power button for 10 seconds, and then put the battery back in, boot it up. See what happens

50 minutes ago, Goldeneman1 said:

Nope. This is my first build and I have never had a monitor before. Only been using a laptop

how the shit did one not come with your monitor? or a VGA or something.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Ok well while I was removing the BIOS battery, it fell into my power supply...I'm going to strip it down to get it free. By the way my monitor came with a VGA to VGA, but my motherboard nor graphics card will take that 

1 minute ago, Goldeneman1 said:

Ok well while I was removing the BIOS battery, it fell into my power supply...I'm going to strip it down to get it free. By the way my monitor came with a VGA to VGA, but my motherboard nor graphics card will take that 

Doh. Be careful inside that box of nasties! Also, shouldnt the fan be pointing down if the case has a vent on the bottom?

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Doh. Be careful inside that box of nasties! Also, shouldnt the fan be pointing down if the case has a vent on the bottom?

I have a Cosair spec 03 and screw orientation won't allow me to face it down. I will recheck it becuase it gives a PSU vent. I will try wiggle it around ti get the batter out

I have a Cosair spec 03 and screw orientation won't allow me to face it down. I will recheck it becuase it gives a PSU vent. I will try wiggle it around ti get the batter out

The case should have screw alignments for both orientations, never seen a PSU with two screw orientations. Good luck!

31 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

The case should have screw alignments for both orientations, never seen a PSU with two screw orientations. Good luck!

Ok so it does look like I can make my PSU fan face downwards :P That's a plus. However still having the same problem. No Signal Detected and CPU led is on with a red colour

3 minutes ago, Goldeneman1 said:

Ok so it does look like I can make my PSU fan face downwards :P That's a plus. However still having the same problem. No Signal Detected and CPU led is on with a red colour

Thats weird. Can I have some images of the inside of your PC to see if I can spot anything?

8 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Thats weird. Can I have some images of the inside of your PC to see if I can spot anything?

Ok here we go. Quick question. Do I need to have 2 4+ leads going to the cpu or just one?

DSCN4336.JPG

DSCN4337.JPG

DSCN4338.JPG

DSCN4339.JPG

DSCN4340.JPG

DSCN4341.JPG

Ok here we go. Quick question. Do I need to have 2 4+ leads going to the cpu or just one?

DSCN4336.JPG

DSCN4337.JPG

DSCN4338.JPG

DSCN4339.JPG

DSCN4340.JPG

DSCN4341.JPG

Plug both 4 pin CPU connectors in if the motherboard supports it, which it looks like it does. Also, I notice the debug LED displays on the bottom, do you get a code off of them? Like a number?

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Plug both 4 pin CPU connectors in if the motherboard supports it, which it looks like it does. Also, I notice the debug LED displays on the bottom, do you get a code off of them? Like a number?

The code is "0000"

The code is "0000"

Looks to me like the BIOS on the motherboard does not support the CPU, but can be upgraded to support the CPU.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2389025/asus-z97-pro-4790k-red-cpu-light-debug-code.html

3 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Ah jee PCpartspicker told me about that,but I didn't know it meant I couldn't see video. Ok I will try that and let you know what happens. ETX 1 hour

1 hour ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Ok quick update; I'm trying to find the bios renamer tool for the z87 deluxe motherboard, but I cant find it. Know where it could be?

Ok quick update; I'm trying to find the bios renamer tool for the z87 deluxe motherboard, but I cant find it. Know where it could be?

Oh god, bios flashing on asus boards. Might be worth posting a new topic for this with a somewhat clickbaity title, as I have never been able to flash the BIOS successfully on an asus board -_-

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Oh god, bios flashing on asus boards. Might be worth posting a new topic for this with a somewhat clickbaity title, as I have never been able to flash the BIOS successfully on an asus board -_-

Ok will do. But first I found some pages in the manual all about it so I will try that first. If it doesn't work then I will go to the motherboards section. Thanks for you help though. Really appricated :D

Ok will do. But first I found some pages in the manual all about it so I will try that first. If it doesn't work then I will go to the motherboards section. Thanks for you help though. Really appricated :D

No problem! Hope you can get it running! Looks like a decent PC!

3 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

No problem! Hope you can get it running! Looks like a decent PC!

Happy to report that my PC is now up and running. Thanks again ALOT for all your help :D All I need to do is solve why my HD isn't showing devices and drives, but did on UEFI/BIOS and Local disk>properties>hardware