Windows 10 Memory Crashes

Hi,

I'm running Windows 10 Insider Build 14251 (scheduled for an update any time now) and I've been experiencing some serious memory problems.  

Specs:

i7 5820k

16gb Adata Z1 DDR4

AsRock X99M Fatal1ty

I'm getting this:

FileDownloadHandler.ashx?fid=3933fac1-01

And then my PC crashes. Black Screen. Sometimes it recovers, but my video driver has crashed, and my second monitor is blank. It reverts to Windows Basic Video Driver. Most of the time I have to press the reset button.

SWAP.png.a43414503db6337d2bb1090f423160e

It looks like it has something to do with SWAP memory usage. It's usually pegged a 99% when it crashes. Normal memory usage is always okay. I read it might have to do with my Paging File, any ideas on what sizes/changes to do there?

I'm also getting this:

Capture.PNG.1a640572f3bf70f187538e2a33c8

I can't update anything (Java) or open most system menus (device manager) without getting this.

It seems to happen most often when I'm listening to music (foobar2000) or web-browsing (Chrome).

I use this PC for work, and I can't have it crashing on my every 15min.

Thanks in advance!

Looks like memory leakage... not much you can do about that.

You could go to another OS (8.1, 7, etc)

My ~$200 USD build:

AMD A8-7600    G. Skill Ripjaws Z @1800 CAS 8     EVGA 500w 80+ PSU    Gigabyte GAF2A68HM-DS2H Motherboard

Seeing as it's an insider preview I'm guessing things like this would be expected. You can try changing your page file settings by heading to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced Tab -> Performance -> Advanced Tab (again) -> Virtual Memory.

Try turning it completely off, setting it to minimum recommended size (200MB), or setting it to system managed.

In Task Manager, how much of your RAM is being used, and what program is using it? Kinda unusual to have a computer with 16GB of RAM complaining about low memory.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Just now, nicon said:

Oh okay. This never happened on previous builds, I wonder if it can be solved by an update.

Everyone is hoping it will be solved soon.

My ~$200 USD build:

AMD A8-7600    G. Skill Ripjaws Z @1800 CAS 8     EVGA 500w 80+ PSU    Gigabyte GAF2A68HM-DS2H Motherboard

Just now, nicon said:

Is this a common problem?

Yeah it's somewhat common. Kind of sad that it hasn't been fixed.

My ~$200 USD build:

Just now, Badazzz said:

Yeah it's somewhat common. Kind of sad that it hasn't been fixed.

I switched my insider level to "fast" so I could get the next update, but I haven't gotten it yet. My pc is 3 builds behind the newest one. I guess I'll just have to wait. I called Microsoft about it, but the rep didn't know what the difference was between Ram and Hard Drives were, so that didn't go anywhere.