750W for 2x R9 390

Totalimus

I have a EVGA SuperNova G2 750W power supply and I am considering buying a Sapphire Nitro R9 390.

But if I do plan on getting a second card in the future (highly doubt it, I'd probably sell the 390 and get a 1 powerful gpu instead but you can never know), would it run just fine? Would I be allowed to overclock the cards?

You should be fine with 750W. However that depends on your CPU/Motherboard and RAM aswell. Going by your build (that you have in your signature) With a single 390 you would be drawing about 430W at full load, with two 390's in CS at full load you would be at around 700W. So in theory 750W is enough. That is without overclocking, if you were to overclock you would need to get a stronger PSU or you would be really pushing it and it wouldn't be very safe for your cards.

For R9 390 Crossfire it is highly recommended you opt for a 850W Power Supply. A 750W should suffice, however you could be pushing it

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

21 minutes ago, Totalimus said:

I have a EVGA SuperNova G2 750W power supply and I am considering buying a Sapphire Nitro R9 390.

But if I do plan on getting a second card in the future (highly doubt it, I'd probably sell the 390 and get a 1 powerful gpu instead but you can never know), would it run just fine? Would I be allowed to overclock the cards?

in theory it should work if you don't overclock , but it might be pushing it.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

I'm running a fairly similar system and Mine is fine with an aggressive overclock on my 970. Not too sure about the power draw difference however between a 970 and a 390. I believe they're fairly similar.

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

3 minutes ago, IAcKI said:

I'm running a fairly similar system and Mine is fine with an aggressive overclock on my 970. Not too sure about the power draw difference however between a 970 and a 390. I believe they're fairly similar.

They might be head to head in performance but from far as I know, 970 does draw less power just like any nvidia competitor.

I would go for a 970 instead but as I saw, then ROTTR is already using more than 4GB of vram so I just want to be safe.

9 minutes ago, IAcKI said:

The power draw difference is like 20-40W at the max. 

5 minutes ago, Totalimus said:

They might be head to head in performance but from far as I know, 970 does draw less power just like any nvidia competitor.

I would go for a 970 instead but as I saw, then ROTTR is already using more than 4GB of vram so I just want to be safe.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

3 hours ago, Totalimus said:

You're good.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||