How to remove scratches on matte displays?

Alir

I have an ultrawide monitor. Scratched the screen when taking it off and replacing my pc case's side panel. I usually put my monitor on my bed to prevent these kind of incidents but this time I was like lol nah I'll do it responsibly.

Now I know why humans have laws.

lol Anyways, anyone have any advice on how to mitigate the effect of the scratch on the actual light emitted from the screen? I don't care about the scratch when the screen is off but when it is on, the scratch zooms into the pixels 1000%. It's not a wide scratch but it appears to be deep. You cannot see it when using the monitor normally but when you look in that particular part of the screen, the scratch is obvious.

I have tried Vaseline. Did nothing. Though I do have greese on my screen now. lol

9 minutes ago, Alir said:

-SNIP-

There isn't too much that can be done if the screen is scratched, the vaseline method mainly just fills in the scratch to try and hide it simialr to what waxes or polishes do for paint finishes. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

There isn't too much that can be done if the screen is scratched, the vaseline method mainly just fills in the scratch to try and hide it simialr to what waxes or polishes do for paint finishes. 

That's what I suspected. Though I have also thought about filling the scratch with some kind of black paste. Essentially to block the shiny-ish light instead of seeing zoomed in pixels.

Anything like that possible? Would thermal paste be a bad idea?

1 minute ago, Alir said:

That's what I suspected. Though I have also thought about filling the scratch with some kind of black paste. Essentially to block the shiny-ish light instead of seeing zoomed in pixels.

Anything like that possible? Would thermal paste be a bad idea?

No that would not work opaque or colored filler will look worst, a wax or polish for finishing cars might work by filling in that scratch if it's small.