Cheap video camera/better quality of Nikon D3300

Hi forum, 

I would like to be able to record some videos with great quality without spending alot of money on a new camera.

I currently own a Nikon D3300 Camera (not sure if its the 300 but its from the 3000 series.) with a 18-55 mm VR lense, used to take pictures in great resolution but the recording resolution is not that great. 
Could i do anything to get better recording quality for the camera? For example buy another lense, or do i have to buy a new video-camera? 

With great quality i am thinking about 1080p, or 720p. HD. :)

I am kinda new on the market, please bear with my little knowledge about the topic. 

Yes, the username is cringe. 

The D3300 should have good quality at 1080.  What's wrong with your videos?

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

1 minute ago, ALwin said:

The D3300 should have good quality at 1080.  What's wrong with your videos?

The quality just looks bad, can this be because of my lense? 

How is this bad?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

1 minute ago, L0gic said:

The quality just looks bad, can this be because of my lense? 

Show us some of your videos so we can see what the issues could be.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

I have a D3300. Nothing wrong with the quality I've shot some great short films on it . Like you i also use the 18-55 kit. Have you maybe  chosen the wrong resolution in the recording settings ?

CPU:X4 760k GPU:Gtx 960 4gb RAM:Hyperx Fury 2x4GB PSU:Evga 500w Mobo:Msi A78m-e35 Case:Nzxt s340 Storage: 120gb 840evo,  1TB Wd blue

Go ahead, quote me !

Turns out its a D3100, my bad.

I see many others are recording with it at 1080p, so i guess this might be a settings issue. 

The problem is just the video quality itself, it is just not that great. 

I will try to go threw the settings once again and let you guys know afterwards.

Thx. for the help. 

1 minute ago, L0gic said:

Turns out its a D3100, my bad.

I see many others are recording with it at 1080p, so i guess this might be a settings issue. 

The problem is just the video quality itself, it is just not that great. 

I will try to go threw the settings once again and let you guys know afterwards.

Thx. for the help. 

Maybe you don't have enough light. D3100 is a bit older, it's still a capable camera though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Innx3puNI

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Again I repeat, show as a sample of a video you recorded.

14 hours ago, ALwin said:

Again I repeat, show as a sample of a video you recorded.

I just uploaded this clip to youtube, 1080p in the camera settings, rendered with 1080p and 60 fps. 
(keep in mind, that because i just uploaded the clip, the clip is only 720p. ) 

(Also, bear with me that the lightning is bad, and my lack for skills at filming.) 

3 minutes ago, L0gic said:

I just uploaded this clip to youtube, 1080p in the camera settings, rendered with 1080p and 60 fps. 
(keep in mind, that because i just uploaded the clip, the clip is only 720p. ) 

it's too dark, you record on auto settings.

shutter is obviously too slow since it drags out the lights. set shutter speed to 1/48 if you film at 24 fps.

Spoiler

39 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

it's too dark, you record on auto settings.

shutter is obviously too slow since it drags out the lights. set shutter speed to 1/48 if you film at 24 fps.

Thanks for the help, i think i got it working now.

You need to study some basic cinematography.  Don't film in the dark like that.  If you want to achieve that sort of dark look, record the video with enough light to get proper exposure and then in post re-create the look. 

This is one of the main techniques film makers use to achieve a night time look.  They film in day time but edit it to look as if the filming was done at night.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_for_night

1 minute ago, ALwin said:

You need to study some basic cinematography.  Don't film in the dark like that.  If you want to achieve that sort of dark look, record the video with enough light to get proper exposure and then in post re-create the look. 

This is one of the main techniques film makers use to achieve a night time look.  They film in day time but edit it to look as if the filming was done at night.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_for_night

Thx. for the tip.

If i would invest in some cheap lighting what should i go for? 
Mainly for videos, where daylight dont really get in. 

Look for continuous lighting solutions on BHPhoto, Amazon or eBay.

You don't have to film in day time, what I mean is film with enough lighting to get a clean image and then when you edit darken the image to get that night time look.

27 minutes ago, L0gic said:

ok, thx. for the help. 

There are some nice online tutorials/videos for HDSLR film making, Vimeo has an entire section dedicated for that.

https://vimeo.com/blog/category/video-school