Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro - Wont Boot

Meowys

Hello,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I thought someone here might know what is wrong with my tablet.

I have not used it for around 5 or 6 months, turned it on to charge and was greeted by this screen (shown below) Does anyone know what this means or how to fix it?

I've tried a few 'soft reset' options, but nothing helps - the only other screen i get is the 'SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB PRO' screen.

If the picture isn't clear enough, what is on screen is a White Battery with a white circle in it

Any thoughts or help for this would be appreciated!

DSC_0001.JPG

Battery dead?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

4 minutes ago, Meowys said:

Hello,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I thought someone here might know what is wrong with my tablet.

I have not used it for around 5 or 6 months, turned it on to charge and was greeted by this screen (shown below) Does anyone know what this means or how to fix it?

I've tried a few 'soft reset' options, but nothing helps - the only other screen i get is the 'SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB PRO' screen.

If the picture isn't clear enough, what is on screen is a White Battery with a white circle in it

Any thoughts or help for this would be appreciated!

Have you tried pressing the power and volume up buttons until it "resets"?

BTW!!!! THIS IS A HARD RESET! < link here!

If you want a reply PLEASE QUOTE ME!

WE NEED CUSTOM MEMBER TITLES AGAIN!!!!!

Member title post link!

2 minutes ago, A Guy Eating Cereal said:

Have you tried pressing the power and volume up buttons until it "resets"?

Yep, i just did it - only the logo displays but i cant progress any further, it just sits showing 'Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro'

Looks like its not charging at all either, since If i disconnect the charger it immediately turns off.

17 minutes ago, Meowys said:

Yep, i just did it - only the logo displays but i cant progress any further, it just sits showing 'Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro'

Looks like its not charging at all either, since If i disconnect the charger it immediately turns off.

Can you get to the boot options screen??

Member title post link!

2 minutes ago, A Guy Eating Cereal said:

Can you get to the boot options screen??

Im not sure what that is, but the furthest i can get is either - 

Samsung Logo/Model

White Empty Battery with circle

EDIT - Just read the guide, i do not get any boot menu after releasing the buttons and reaching the logo

Just now, Meowys said:

Im not sure what that is, but the furthest i can get is either - 

Samsung Logo/Model

White Empty Battery with circle

This migth sound really stupid but "have you googled the problem" (cant post let me google this due to "trolling" xD )

Member title post link!

I've seen this sort of thing happen with power tool batteries.

Usually if you quickly unplug and re-plug the power plug in the wall multiple times, it will trick the battery into charging past the 100% dead stage, and it should charge like normal. 

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Just now, A Guy Eating Cereal said:

This migth sound really stupid but "have you googled the problem" (cant post let me google this due to "trolling" xD )

I have yes, looked on some samsung forums and youtube also, but could not find a fix

Im thinking that its simply a dead battery since it doesnt charge though... :(

Just now, Meowys said:

I have yes, looked on some samsung forums and youtube also, but could not find a fix

Im thinking that its simply a dead battery since it doesnt charge though... :(

Yeah! you "should" be able to use it with charger plugged in tho

Member title post link!

1 minute ago, Hoppa said:

I've seen this sort of thing happen with power tool batteries.

Usually if you quickly unplug and re-plug the power plug in the wall multiple times, it will trick the battery into charging past the 100% dead stage, and it should charge like normal. 

I think you may have solved it, i plugged it into the wall and took it out and placed it in a few times, seems to be charging now with a green charger bar.

Ill post here in an hour or so to give you guys an update.

We appear to have power and a working device!

Thankyou all for the help, much appreciated :)

Great help from people in this community