Undo text or previous content & Have work in progress topics be saved live

Redicat
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

That is already a thing - what you type is saved to your computer every two seconds (to local storage rather than a cookie, but it amounts to the same thing), so if you accidentally leave the page, you can recover it. At the moment, it automatically fills it into the editor, but I am currently working on making it less annoying.

You can undo and redo with Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Y respectively, just as you can in most programs. I think there's an undo button on the mobile toolbar though, because obviously there's no keyboard shortcuts on mobile.

In my opinion its VERY nice to have but idk if the host VPS has capability for it...

Have 'Undo' content previously typed in or previous content and implement it with 2 ways return and forward and indicate it with an arrow :) 

excel-undo-redo-repeat-2.jpg  

And have topics be saved as a cookie or locally so i accidently LEAVE this page while i'm now creating a topic, i don't have to facepalm anymore... 

I think typing you do for a post actually is saved as a cookie if you leave.  It's really annoying sometimes since stuff gets stuck in there that you can't delete and then you're pretty much just done posting to that topic unless you clear cookies or post crap.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

That is already a thing - what you type is saved to your computer every two seconds (to local storage rather than a cookie, but it amounts to the same thing), so if you accidentally leave the page, you can recover it. At the moment, it automatically fills it into the editor, but I am currently working on making it less annoying.

You can undo and redo with Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Y respectively, just as you can in most programs. I think there's an undo button on the mobile toolbar though, because obviously there's no keyboard shortcuts on mobile.

HTTP/2 203

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Not everyone knows those chortcuts doe...

Just now, Redicat said:

Not everyone knows those chortcuts doe...

I think pretty much everyone using this site knows the keyboard shortcut for undo...

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

I think pretty much everyone using this site knows the keyboard shortcut for undo...

I don't bc i don't remember that + doesnt work properly have to spam the keys multiple times...

1 minute ago, Redicat said:

I don't bc i don't remember that

I'm pretty sure you're in the minority there.

1 minute ago, Redicat said:

doesnt work properly have to spam the keys multiple times

I'm not sure what you mean? Undoing by spamming or holding Ctrl+Z works fine for me.

While it would be physically possible for an undo button to be added to the editor, it would have to replace another button, which wouldn't have a widely known keyboard shortcut, so it won't be changing.

HTTP/2 203