8gb only 3.98 usuable

zyoT
Go to solution Solved by jamesisninja,

Could be a dead DIMM slot, try a different arrangement

jzx9SKG.png I use to be able to use 8.0gb of ram, all of a sudden it's only 3.98 usable.

Your OS is 32-bit.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Negative is a 64 bit.

(make sure all the dims are pushed all the way in and in the right slots, reference your mobo manual if needed)

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

If you have 64bit then you have a bad ram stick or a bad slot or just needs to be reset. Try pull out ram and put it back in. if that doesn't work then test each ram socket. to verfy your ram is dead or socket is dead.

(make sure all the dims are pushed all the way in and in the right slots, reference your mobo manual if needed)

Full pushed in.

Negative is a 64 bit.

Make sure all the dims are pushed in all the way. If they are you will have to run MemTest to look for failed sticks. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Make sure all the dims are pushed in all the way. If they are you will have to run MemTest to look for failed sticks. 

He can also just test them individually.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Could be a dead DIMM slot, try a different arrangement

Case: NZXT H440 | CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz | GPU: MSI 970, Kraken G10 | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Cooler: H100i | PSU: Corsair AX750 w/ Sleeved Cables | Display: 3xBenQ RL2455M | Fans: 5xNoctua NF-F12, 1xBitFenix Spectre |

Used 2 white slots instead of 2 blues, now I can use 8gbs.

Used 2 white slots instead of 2 blues, now I can use 8gbs.

Sounds like a bad DIMM slot, if you can RMA your board. If not just stick with the 2 whites. It shouldn't effect performance.

I just inserted back into the blues, now it seems to be working fine. Thanks for all your guys help.