PC Won't turn on since...

ACHaywood

Hey guys! A while back I posted this on the forums http://goo.gl/WktC5K but since that things Got worse, the whole computer shut off, everything would be working fine but I would have no image on the screen. I presumed it to be my GPU but that wasn't the case as I tested it in another machine and it worked fine, my friend was currently having the Same problem with his PC so he bought a new processor and everything was working again, so last night I ordered a new i5, it came today, I fitted it, tried to turn my PC on and nothing. No fans are turning on BUT the light on my GPU is on indicating to me that the power sply works, I doubt that it's the CPU as its brand new so could it be the board?

Any help is appreciated!

What i5 did you buy? What is your Mobo? Your GPU?

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Hey guys! A while back I posted this on the forums http://goo.gl/WktC5K but since that things Got worse, the whole computer shut off, everything would be working fine but I would have no image on the screen. I presumed it to be my GPU but that wasn't the case as I tested it in another machine and it worked fine, my friend was currently having the Same problem with his PC so he bought a new processor and everything was working again, so last night I ordered a new i5, it came today, I fitted it, tried to turn my PC on and nothing. No fans are turning on BUT the light on my GPU is on indicating to me that the power sply works, I doubt that it's the CPU as its brand new so could it be the board?

Any help is appreciated!

Seeing as the fans aren't starting up, I would say it's the motherboard. It might be worth unplugging everything and setting it up on a test bench to make sure that everything is then plugged in correctly. 

Is the power button connected? Power is going to your motherboard, its just that it won't start

.connectedzm9.jpg

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  •