Can Folding at Home or Boinc benefit from Tesla compute cards?

I'm getting my hands on some M2090s soon at a very good price.  Is there any reason I can't fold on them when they aren't in use?  Thanks :D

-PCgamer324

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions 

I'm getting my hands on some M2090s soon at a very good price.  Is there any reason I can't fold on them when they aren't in use?  Thanks :D

-PCgamer324

Why not? Is there something special about them?

Why not? Is there something special about them?

just curious :P

some older cards don't play nice with F@H from my experience 

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions 

-PCgamer324

F@H: Support for non-conventional cards is always a mystery, we never know if it does / doesn't work without trial and error. It possibly works, but don't count on that. Even if it does, make sure it can complete tasks within a reasonable amount of time, especially if you aren't dedicating the card 24/7.

BOINC: pick your project and check for compatibility. According to Nvidia, it has CUDA and OpenCL 1.1 support. So for the particular case of PrimeGrid, it should be able to run the Genefer apps.

While I don't recommend getting them strictly for crunching, if you do happen to know a PC that has such cards idle, you might as well just join the party.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

The folding faq sticky says 

"The dedicated GPU compute cards, NVidia Tesla, Intel Phy and others, are not supported

If you're gonna be getting them at a good price, give it a shot anyway. Let us know if they work.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

The folding faq sticky says 

If you're gonna be getting them at a good price, give it a shot anyway. Let us know if they work.

I will inform you all if these work. You can get 6gb M2090s (effective 580s on steroids) for $50-100 right now so it's worth a shot

• 2 weeks later...

Tesla, cards, like the Phi, are not support by the FAH client.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Tesla, cards, like the Phi, are not support by the FAH client.

that's plain stupid.  M2090s are just GTX 580s with alt drivers...

that's plain stupid.  M2090s are just GTX 580s with alt drivers...

I take it they didn't work?

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

I take it they didn't work?

didn't end up getting any.  If  I do I will most likely be using them for CUDA acceleration / openCL (looking into Firepros too) for some of my apps

Whaler confirmed my suspicion that they are not supported