My Own DIY TrackIR Clip

R3DOPS
Hello everyone!

This was a little project i am working on witch is a home made DIY track IR for flight sims and driving games. If you dont know what track it is it is basically a head tracking so you can look around in a video game without using you mouse. this is great if you are in dogfights in a aircraft. 

The first thing i had todo was 3D print a holder to hold are the wiring and guts and stuff. Freetrack_clip_preview_featured.jpg

It turned out great and i started to solder all the parts together. I used 3 IR LEDs and 3 100 Ohm Resisters. I used a old USB cord that was not being used aswell and i placed it all together and it came out great! 

SYGxWJO.jpgOnce it tested it it worked great and the IR leds lit up nicely. Now it was time to place it all back together. I used a little too much hot glue but it worked and i clamped it nice a sng. after i managed to get a floppy disk and place it in front of my camera to block out unnecessary light and i tried it out using one of my favorite flight sims, DCS world. i used a program called Open track to track my movements. I had to tinker with the settings allot in order for the software to even see the lights but they work out great. Here is the finished product.

dJ43NZ0.jpg

I will be getting a PS3 Eye camera and will be taking out the IR filter out of it in order for better tracking. I just ordered it from amazon and it should arrive next week.  and i hope i works better then ever! If you want to play DCS world with me if you even play it let me know! :D Not bad for my first DIY project :)

Hello everyone!

I want to play dcs world with you xD

and I want an ir tracket too >.>

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I want to play dcs world with you xD

and I want an ir tracket too >.>

i got all the parts free. found them laying around. :D