Computer turns on, and off after a second.

Geok

So, today I was building a computer for my friend, it was quite late so I didn't finish yet, but something is not right. I plugged in everything correctly etc, and there seems to be an issue. The computer turns on after I press power button, the CPU fan spins, and after 1 second it turns off. I believe something is shorting the circuit, but I have no idea what it is. What else could be a problem to this? 

The motherboard has a 24 pin and a 4 pin power connectors, however Corsair CX500M, it didn't come with the 4 pin CPU power connector. Could this be an issue? I thought, You only need this when overclocking and when the motherboard needs more power for demanding CPU work, where can I buy such cable? I can't find it anywhere in UK, or I don't know how to word it properly. Should I contact Corsair? Any help will be appreaciated. 

Thanks in Advance, Geok. 

You need the 4 pin CPU power connector. If you have one plugged in, that should be enough. If you have none, that's a problem.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Unplug computer.

Find CMOS header.

Use screwdriver to bridge connection between pins/bridge header with pin bridge.

Plug computer back in.

Turn on. If it works, you're good.

Well, the PSU has the connector and you NEED it to get power to the CPU. It is required.

MAKE SURE IT SPLITS INTO 2 x4 CONNECTORS AND NOT 1x6 AND 1x2. THAT WOULD BE THE PCI-E POWER CONNECTOR, OF WHICH WOULD FRY A CPU.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

the CM500m's 8-Pin ECS connector splits into 2 giving you a 4-pin ECS I think

Old shit no one cares about but me.

the CM500m's 8-Pin ECS connector splits into 2 giving you a 4-pin ECS I think

EPS* Not ECS.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Well, Damn. I think I might of connected the EPS cable to the GFX card, because I had one 6pin left, and the other was splitting. Ahh, such an amateur mistake. Thanks for the amazingly fast response! So impressed with this forum. 

EPS* Not ECS.

oops, my bad.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Well, Damn. I think I might of connected the EPS cable to the GFX card, because I had one 6pin left, and the other was splitting. Ahh, such an amateur mistake. Thanks for the amazingly fast response! So impressed with this forum. 

Is it working now? Did it kill your video card by doing that?

The cx psu's have a 8 pin that splits into two four pins cables that is needed to turn on the pc. 

So I spelt something wrong in my post... I don't care I don't read through what I write and I type very quickly.

Intel 3770k stock, MSI Z77A-GD65, MSI GTX 760, Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600Mhz 16Gb, Corsair RM 550W, Samsung 830 256Gb, some random hdds.

Yes, it is working. I got the 8 pin confused with the 6 pin. There was a join 4pin one, so I thought it was an 8 pin in general, not the one to split. But its all good. The Heatsink was moving a little yesterday, but got it all fixed and tight. Thanks for the quick response ^^