Dbrand skin or hard shell case?

roboplex22

So we just got a whole new pack of mobile devices in our family for Christmas, and we're not sure if we should invest in cases, or skins. It all boils down to protection though. We've generally always used Speck hard cases. Will a Dbrand skin protect from drops/scratches? We love our tempered glass screen protectors. Will they work with a skin? I've never used a skin before, and I'm thinking about putting one on my Moto X and seeing how it goes. I'm just looking for the pros and cons of a case vs a skin. Can you all help me out on this? Thanks!

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz | Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC MATE | GPU: MSI R9 270x | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury Red | Storage: ADATA SP600 128GB / WD Blue 1TB | PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ | Monitor: Acer S220HQL Abd 21.5" | Audio: Logitech Z213 Speakers | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma | PCPartPicker Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v8FNmG

The skins will for sure protect from scratches and marks, but not from things like cracks, breaks, and internal damage. A DBrand skin will work fine with your glass screen protector as long as you don't put a skin on the front of the device. A user above mentioned OtterBox cases, but I don't usually recommend those because of their high price and SUPER bulkiness. Speck cases are popular and pretty well liked, so I can't recommend against them. DBrand skins look awesome though, and I often get questions about my carbon fiber skin. Either way, the glass protector will most likely work, and it all comes down to whether of not you want to give up some protection for the great looks and thinner profile of the skin.

So we just got a whole new pack of mobile devices in our family for Christmas, and we're not sure if we should invest in cases, or skins. It all boils down to protection though. We've generally always used Speck hard cases. Will a Dbrand skin protect from drops/scratches? We love our tempered glass screen protectors. Will they work with a skin? I've never used a skin before, and I'm thinking about putting one on my Moto X and seeing how it goes. I'm just looking for the pros and cons of a case vs a skin. Can you all help me out on this? Thanks!

Honestly, get cases for people who are most likely to drop their device and those who don't drop their device often, get skins.

Which Moto X did you get? I got the Moto X 2014 for Christmas and I absolutely love it so far. 

Get a case.... a skin is only for looks. Dbrand is just a vinyl skin, andthing that will scratch a screen will cut right though a thin layer of platic vinyl. Get a case. What ever brand and style you choose, then is you want. Get dbrand and put on the phone under the case in parts where you can see it. I have a note 5 with a gel case and dbranfld on the front only so it looks better

case protection, skin looks. it will do little to protect the device from mishandling 

that being said they are pretty

yildP46.jpg

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Honestly, get cases for people who are most likely to drop their device and those who don't drop their device often, get skins.

Which Moto X did you get? I got the Moto X 2014 for Christmas and I absolutely love it so far.

I think that's what I'm going to do :). A case for my sister, mom, and brother. Then a skin for me. Maybe I'll keep my current case as well but I'm not sure yet. I've got the 2014, and I love it too!

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz | Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC MATE | GPU: MSI R9 270x | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury Red | Storage: ADATA SP600 128GB / WD Blue 1TB | PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ | Monitor: Acer S220HQL Abd 21.5" | Audio: Logitech Z213 Speakers | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma | PCPartPicker Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v8FNmG