Need some help with setting up a whole sound system.

XYOUNEED

Hi,

So right now I have a 5.1 speaker setup for the PC so with 3 audio jacks I also have a real 5.1 headset since I only have one 5.1 option on my mobo I need to switch them all the time.

Now I have some speakers left for my television which is now connected to my 5.1 speaker setup of my pc but these are in the direction of the place where I am sitting behind my pc. I have a bass and 2 rear speakers which are not connected because those aren't jacks.. I hope you can understand while reading this.. 

NOW I want to control all speakers so the surround setup for my television, speakers for my pc and my headset and I still need space for other speakers that I can control the garden speakers. 

I was thinking about a wifi setup for the garden speakers so we can control them with a phone? I really don't know what there's on the market I googled so much there are so many option to do this.. What do you guys suggest and experienced. I don't need the best quality ofc not the most expensive stuff. 

If you think you can help please leave a comment :D Thanks! If you need more information please ask.

The X Desk«BuildLog»

.:Custom Watercooled Desk - Gaming Cave:.

Feel free to take a look, I would highly appreciate it.

I think your best option would be an external AV receiver. Then allow that to control your 5.1 set up/amplify it. You could also link your TV and PC into via HDMI and it would switch between the 2 depending on what you are using.

They also have a function called Zone 2 which is basically another set of front speakers you can use with the amp and switch between the 5.1 and the outdoor speakers

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

First off all speakers are going to need amplification of some sort (except for maybe your headphones, I'm not sure).  I'm going to assume you have that for now.

So I would plug the headphones into the motherboard.  Then for the PC 5.1 speakers get something like this thing, an external 5.1 soundcard.  You can switch between the soundcard and motherboard in the Playback Devices in Windows settings.  Or some programs like MPC player and FooBar let you choose a different device to play off of other than the default device.

For the TV I don't understand.  You want to control the TV volume from your computer?  You can only do that if what you are watching TV through your computer somehow.  If your TV is not connected to your PC then a separate home theater receiver is the answer.  If it is connected to your PC then just get another 5.1 sound card (assuming your have amplification for the speakers of course).  You can have as many external sound cards as you need.

For the garden speakers use a set of speakers (again they need amplification so either self powered speakers or passive speakers with an amp like the Lepai 2020) and pair it with a Chromecast Audio.  It can most of the streaming services (Pandora, ect) are it can play whatever is playing on your PC.  You can control it with a phone or PC.

First off all speakers are going to need amplification of some sort (except for maybe your headphones, I'm not sure).  I'm going to assume you have that for now.

So I would plug the headphones into the motherboard.  Then for the PC 5.1 speakers get something like this thing, an external 5.1 soundcard.  You can switch between the soundcard and motherboard in the Playback Devices in Windows settings.  Or some programs like MPC player and FooBar let you choose a different device to play off of other than the default device.

For the TV I don't understand.  You want to control the TV volume from your computer?  You can only do that if what you are watching TV through your computer somehow.  If your TV is not connected to your PC then a separate home theater receiver is the answer.  If it is connected to your PC then just get another 5.1 sound card (assuming your have amplification for the speakers of course).  You can have as many external sound cards as you need.

For the garden speakers use a set of speakers (again they need amplification so either self powered speakers or passive speakers with an amp like the Lepai 2020) and pair it with a Chromecast Audio.  It can most of the streaming services (Pandora, ect) are it can play whatever is playing on your PC.  You can control it with a phone or PC.

Looks good :) I've also saw a device (forgot the name and never found it again) You could plug in 2 5.1 speakers and you could switch between them and you could plug into you soundcard or motherboard it wasnt USB. Just something like the roccat kave XTD has (picture) I'm considering buying the headset since it has some cool features like that. 

And yes sometimes I stream video's and movies to my tv its connected with a hdmi to my computer. So it has to work via my digital tv box and my computer. so then I need to connect my computer to my amplifier for my tv? (Still need to buy an amplifier)

The X Desk«BuildLog»

By far the easiest solution for the TV portion is a home theater receiver.  If you get an HDMI reciever then just plug both the cable box and PC into the reciever and the receiver into the TV.  If it doesn't have HDMI (used ones without HDMI go for really cheap) then plug both the cable box and PC into the TV with HDMI and to the receiver with SPDIF cables.  If your motherboard doesn't have SPDIF or digital coaxial out then just get an external sound card like the one I mentioned earlier.  If you get a fancy one with a second zone then you could use that for your garden speakers if you can run speaker cable that far, saving you the need to buy a seperate amp there.

The other option is to get 3 stereo amps, which is too cumbersome to recommend.

Also before you buy a 'real' 5.1 headset give Razer Surround a try.  It's a software surround sound.  I've never listened to multi-driver surround headsets before, but I've seen a lot of people say you get better positional accuracy with a set of good headphone, and no one has ever said the opposite.  When I watch Modern Warfare gameplay with my ATH-AD500x it's like I have super sonic Daredevil hearing.  I can direction and distance with great accuracy, even through walls.  Here is a Razer demo if you want to check it out (watch using headphones) https://youtu.be/2BxO9cd-sYA?t=908

By far the easiest solution for the TV portion is a home theater receiver.  If you get an HDMI reciever then just plug both the cable box and PC into the reciever and the receiver into the TV.  If it doesn't have HDMI (used ones without HDMI go for really cheap) then plug both the cable box and PC into the TV with HDMI and to the receiver with SPDIF cables.  If your motherboard doesn't have SPDIF or digital coaxial out then just get an external sound card like the one I mentioned earlier.  If you get a fancy one with a second zone then you could use that for your garden speakers if you can run speaker cable that far, saving you the need to buy a seperate amp there.

The other option is to get 3 stereo amps, which is too cumbersome to recommend.

Also before you buy a 'real' 5.1 headset give Razer Surround a try.  It's a software surround sound.  I've never listened to multi-driver surround headsets before, but I've seen a lot of people say you get better positional accuracy with a set of good headphone, and no one has ever said the opposite.  When I watch Modern Warfare gameplay with my ATH-AD500x it's like I have super sonic Daredevil hearing.  I can direction and distance with great accuracy, even through walls.  Here is a Razer demo if you want to check it out (watch using headphones) https://youtu.be/2BxO9cd-sYA?t=908

Okay thanks! I'll look for a soundcard and an amp :) 

Yeah I have the Roccat Kave 5.1 and this one is real 5.1 I just love this headset to death, and from the demo I don't get any bass from the Razer one :P Only from the dolby and realtek. I still want to know the name of the device I mentioned in my first quote :P Thanks alot!

The X Desk«BuildLog»

Okay thanks! I'll look for a soundcard and an amp :)

Yeah I have the Roccat Kave 5.1 and this one is real 5.1 I just love this headset to death, and from the demo I don't get any bass from the Razer one :P Only from the dolby and realtek. I still want to know the name of the device I mentioned in my first quote :P Thanks alot!

That device is a switch of some kind.  I've never heard of a 5.1 switch, however something like this would work as the same thing.  Even though it says "component video switch" you can use all channels for audio instead of video.