Ethernet Adapters

jackjayatherton

eh, those are kind of sketch. I always saw them as niche required if you needed long distance connection to something that didn't have wireless.

Go with a decent wireless solution instead if that is not unreasonable.

For more information, see;

It will depend a lot on which powerline adapter you buy.

Error: 410

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

From what I have heard about it, powerline adapters are reliable, but not very fast. (don't quote me on that, though)

PS: I love your avatar :D

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

if you are going to go for something like that go for something like the  TP-LINK PA411KIT which is around £30 on amazon or the TP-LINK TL-WA890EA which is around £40 and u can add have an additional 3 Ethernet ports 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-WA890EA-Universal-Dual-Band-Entertainment/dp/B00CGY383Y/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1377540955&sr=8-6&keywords=tp-link+n600

#LESBOBRICKS

I think it depends on how old your house's wiring is. If it's old and well, old then powerline probably isn't for you.

If it at all possible (unlikely since you seem to have done your research) then use Ethernet.

My main machine is a laptop and since the router resides in my room I use Ethernet even though wireless 802.11 N would be adequate.

Although this is just my recommendation, by no means am I saying just because I do it makes it the best way to go about it.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

if you are going to go for something like that go for something like the  TP-LINK PA411KIT which is around £30 on amazon or the TP-LINK TL-WA890EA which is around £40 and u can add have an additional 3 Ethernet ports 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-WA890EA-Universal-Dual-Band-Entertainment/dp/B00CGY383Y/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1377540955&sr=8-6&keywords=tp-link+n600

You sir just got a like for your signature.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

I have been using powerline adapters for a year or 2 now, since I do have ethernet connection in my room but nobody was smart enough to actually put a connection inside it.

It was an enormous improvement over WiFi, I can load 1080p or even "original" videos in youtube without waiting, which is pretty much what I'm happy with, the speed this gives me is enough for me.

Though, I wouldn't call them that reliable as people say. This is I think the 3rd brand I'm trying because the previous sets just decided to not work anymore after some months or a year. This one has been doing fine except that it has it moments saying 'nope' where I have to unplug it, unplug the one at the router and plug it back in after a minute, to work. They also have days when they stop working after 10pm, luckily that's only like 10 times a year max.

They get quite hot too, but if your room isn't extremely hot, you should be fine.

I would really recommend this over WiFi, so go for it if you need it. (I have a set of TP-link adapters, a "base" at the rooter, a 500 Mbps plug at my room to my computer and one upstairs that has mired and WiFi connectivity, to have WiFi up there if needed (for PS3 when I used that thing for example, that one has a really reliable connection actually).

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

From what I have heard about it, powerline adapters are reliable, but not very fast. (don't quote me on that, though)

PS: I love your avatar :D

Ha ha ha thanks

I have been using powerline adapters for a year or 2 now, since I do have ethernet connection in my room but nobody was smart enough to actually put a connection inside it.

It was an enormous improvement over WiFi, I can load 1080p or even "original" videos in youtube without waiting, which is pretty much what I'm happy with, the speed this gives me is enough for me.

Though, I wouldn't call them that reliable as people say. This is I think the 3rd brand I'm trying because the previous sets just decided to not work anymore after some months or a year. This one has been doing fine except that it has it moments saying 'nope' where I have to unplug it, unplug the one at the router and plug it back in after a minute, to work. They also have days when they stop working after 10pm, luckily that's only like 10 times a year max.

They get quite hot too, but if your room isn't extremely hot, you should be fine.

I would really recommend this over WiFi, so go for it if you need it. (I have a set of TP-link adapters, a "base" at the rooter, a 500 Mbps plug at my room to my computer and one upstairs that has mired and WiFi connectivity, to have WiFi up there if needed (for PS3 when I used that thing for example, that one has a really reliable connection actually).

Thanks will give it a go