You cannot do this Rogers

DyGr00339

So, I went down to my local Rogers store (My ISP) To get this plan added to my house on a separate line and would be billed seperatly. As you see it is for students and I am a student (grade 9). They stated online (in terms) that all that needed to be done was have a student ID. The plan was to bring my mom to co-sign the account because in Canada you cannot sign a contract unless you are 18 (fine).

But that is not the issue. I went down and waited in line for an hour to talk to someone (fine..) so when I did the lady said everything would be fine and my mom could just co-sign the plan and it would be on her credit card (fine). But when she called into head office they told her plainly

this plan is only for students 18 and up

Well nowhere on brochures they sent us in mail of this plan, online, in store or the lady didn't even know this! If they say students it automatically assume all students. If they want it 18 and up why not state a university and collage deal? After this my mother told them that we would like to cancel our serveces (after being taken to another desk for manager) and he said 

we cannot do that here that is for billing... over the phone

Well do you know how hard it is to talk to a ISP over the phone?! So all this is saying is, When you say student you should mean it, and put in your documentation about it, not just make people assume...

this is networking? sounds more like a rant that belongs in "offtopic" 

sorry you got screwed dude. spend that $50 to upgrade your main infrastructure at your house

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I always assumed student as a college or university student never a middle/high school student.

I would assume it wouldn't count for you because it's still someone else that isn't a student that the service is under since you can not be held responsible.

Kinda sucks but that's the way I thought it was going to be. 

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

this is networking? sounds more like a rant that belongs in "offtopic" 

sorry you got screwed dude. spend that $50 to upgrade your main infrastructure at your house

Asked winspeed prior to topic creation, and this is not infrastructure issue but data cap issue (costs $200 to cancel just internet)

I always assumed student as a college or university student never a middle/high school student.

I would assume it wouldn't count for you because it's still someone else that isn't a student that the service is under since you can not be held responsible.

Kinda sucks but that's the way I thought it was going to be. 

Nope, If i asked for a student cell phone plan I can get that from them no issues just bring student ID and a co-signer, but apparently not for landline

I would recommend having your Mother call into the "retention" department, and threaten to cancel because of her extreme displeasure with the customer service she received at the store. Make sure that she explains that no where in print or on the website did she see any restriction to the deal to "students 18 and up".

The retention department will bend over backwards to give you good deals. If they aren't good enough, then cancel and go with Bell or a 3rd party ISP.

I highly recommend TekSavvy. I have them for my own ISP (They resell Cable and DSL, with 300GB caps or unlimited caps, low monthly fees, and good customer service). I've never had a major issue with them, and I love their service.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I would recommend having your Mother call into the "retention" department, and threaten to cancel because of her extreme displeasure with the customer service she received at the store. Make sure that she explains that no where in print or on the website did she see any restriction to the deal to "students 18 and up".

The retention department will bend over backwards to give you good deals. If they aren't good enough, then cancel and go with Bell or a 3rd party ISP.

I highly recommend TekSavvy. I have them for my own ISP (They resell Cable and DSL, with 300GB caps or unlimited caps, low monthly fees, and good customer service). I've never had a major issue with them, and I love their service.

My mother did in the fall, took it as far as CRTC (former bell employee and knows about the stuff) And they just said youu can pay $100 more a month to get 50​ more gb (50...) or pay $500 to cancel services and hung up on her (presidents of Rogers office

The seem like a option