Voltages are wacky?

Joshyy

So a couple of days ago I loaded up HWmonitor to find my voltages had dropped, from the usual 12V to 11.1V and the 3.3V was up to 3.5V, (5V was at 5.01V) I turned the system off, cautiously loaded it into windows and then ran Furmark and Prime95 at the same time and the voltages were all stable around 11.9 and 3.25V.

So I didn't think much of it, however the next day, I checked again and to my surprise, 11.4V and 3.6V, once again I turned the system off and ran Furmark and Prime95 again, 11.8V and 3.3V and it's been happening pretty much every day since.

I'm very confused, I don't think it's my PSU, Is it a problem with the sensors on my motherboard? I'm really unsure. Does anyone have any suggestions to what it could be?

zD1p483.png

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

Next time this happens don't restart and run Furmark and P95.

Next time this happens don't restart and run Furmark and P95.

Just did it, Voltages did not change. (0.1V or so) however about a minute after I stopped all the tests I locked up and had real trouble getting my PC to boot (GPU fan would max out)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

That escalated quickly, GPU is refusing to work/crashing within seconds now, Either my GPU has been killed or my PSU is faulty (Running on onboard at the moment)

Novatech, so a OCZ rebrand while OCZ is a good company that might be your problem I hope your GPU isn't fried. TBH I have no clue :S I suggest testing with another PSU I guess.

It's most likely a PSU problem.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch