DimitriBrut

Android apps you can't live without?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey folks. I've been loyal to android for 6 years or better, but I feel like I'm not getting the full use out of my phone. I also just picked up a Nexus 9 to go along with my HTC One m7... so I'm looking for suggestions. What apps and games do you use on a daily basis? Also... do I need an anti virus on either device?

**EDIT: A few apps I have installed that I use daily...

Apps: DI Radio, Pandora, ColorNote, Speedtest, Google Apps (Maps, ect), GroupMe, Snapchat, Hip Hop Airhorn (Stupid app, but it brings a chuckle to the room during key moments.)

Games: Clash of Clans, Calc of Clans, Impossible Game, Plants Vs. Zombies, and I have Emulators for NES, SNES, Gameboy, and 64. (The 64 one is a huge pain to use... the controller wasn't meant to be played on a phone.)

iOS.

Wait.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| I like Power Supplies for whatever reason. Feel free to PM me with any questions. 

My system: PCPartPicker || Resources for PSU information: "links are not allowed ExDee" | For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick

Haha. Clash is the reason I bought the nexus 9 sadly... I'm an addict myself. Also, do you have an antivirus you recommend?

I use 360 Security. So far so good. The junk cleaner actually works, surprisingly.

I bought my Nexus 7 over a year ago for Clash too. ;)

Some that I can name off the top of my head:

Feedly, Imgur, Look of Disaproval, Spotify/Soundcloud, all google apps, and shazam.

For games:

One more Line/Dash, Gemotry Dash, Monument Valley, and Plague Inc

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

Idk, I like ifunny but its also falling apart at the same time. I also strongly recommend chrome (Not sure if that comes included, I would assume it did. If you like to draw I recommend painter, I have the note phone so I love it since it has pressure sensitivity. I also wish I used belly more (its a customer loyalty program for smaller businesses). I also recommend google wallet and android pay.

IF by If Then Than That. I use it to mute my ringer at night and turn off wifi when I leave the house.

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

iOS.

Wait.

Looks at phone, agrees

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop 1 Alienware M18x Red - 18.4" 1080p i7 3610qm CF 7970m samsung evo 250gb, raid 0 2x 500gb harddrive, killer nic n1103, 8gb ram, Nebula Red Laptop 2 Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Laptop 3 M11x Celeron SU7300 + 512mb 335m, 8gb Ram Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, iPad 4 32gb, iPhone 6 128gb Space Grey, Sony A7

Meh, mine is like 9GAG and WhatsApp only.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Aftershock S-15 (Clevo P650SG) | 4720HQ | 980M 4GB | 16GB DDR3L | 1TB 850 EVO

Alienware 14 (M14xR3) | 4700MQ | 765M 2GB | 8GB DDR3L | 250GB 850 EVO | 750GB WD Black

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Also their are some awesome Xposed modules put their. Also Viper4Android is by far the most important app on my phone.

My Work in Progress PC http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/522048-xeon-build/ <-- That PC was built but never booted:(

My Work in Progress PC 2.0 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/540583-xeon-build-20-code-name-xenox (Hopefully this one boots.) 

Apps: Pocket Casts, Pro Metronome, Cleartune (For the musical of you), Instagram, Gmail

Games: Word Bubbles, The Simpsons Tapped Out

._.

AMD A8-5500•••ASUS GTX 660•••MSI MS-7778 Mobo•••2x4GB DDR3 RAM•••CoolerMaster v550 Semi-Modular PSU•••1.5TB HDD•256GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD•••Optical Drive•••Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Apps: Prime Music, my uni's cafeteria app, wikipedia, and (most important): Telegram. A friend and I have forced people to move to Telegram for a while now, so I barely ever use WhatsApp anymore. 

Snapseed, by Google is a great, intuitive photo editor. I use this instead of instagram's features. Adobe have also just Lightroom mobile free, but you need a subscription for syncing with desktop etc.

Also the Amazon app, and mobile banking app. Steam...

Well I use Textra for texting. It has some performance issues, but other than that, perfect. 

The usual slue of social media, ya know

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help.