Portforwarding issues

SKOONJar
Go to solution Solved by SKOONJar,

I fixed it turned out I have a guest network that was using that port.

So I recently decided to start a Minecraft server for family and friends. I know that for the most part the first thing to do is to portforward port 25565. But when I try it the website that you go to to modify those things gives me this message: The specified port(s) are being used by other configurations. Please check your configurations of Remote Management, Port forwarding, Port Triggering, UPnP Port Mapping table, RIP, and Internet connection type. The router I have is a Netgear WNR2000v2 its a N300. I tried the doing this website: www.portforward.com had to say but the when I enter the custom service page I have alot more options than they did so I just filled everthing that asked for a port with 25565 and I chose my pc for the internal ip. I can't get it to work and its getting quite frustrating.

Can post screenshots upon request.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

Anybody?

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

No one really?

Go into your Minecraft settings (assuming you're using bukkit? if you aren't I highly recommend it) and it says something like "Default Port = 25565"

Change the port to "25570"

Then port forward your server with 25570 instead

To make sure you're doing it right follow the tutorial here which is for your router specifically :)

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/WNR2000v2/Minecraft_Server.htm

If that was the one you were using, show me a pic of the port forwarding page (not the error) and will tell you how to do it 

Phil

Go into your Minecraft settings (assuming you're using bukkit? if you aren't I highly recommend it) and it says something like "Default Port = 25565"

Change the port to "25570"

Then port forward your server with 25570 instead

To make sure you're doing it right follow the tutorial here which is for your router specifically :)

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/WNR2000v2/Minecraft_Server.htm

If that was the one you were using, show me a pic of the port forwarding page (not the error) and will tell you how to do it 

Phil

gone

I'm not a minecraft'er  But here is how I would create a port forward.

-get the port# from minecraft server (Do you know where to find/change the port# of the minecraft server?  Maybe this is the problem, port# is unknown?)

-get the internal LAN ip address of the server

-open the port# in the servers firewall

- type in the port# into both start and end range fields of your routers port forwarding page (some routers need both start and end ranges supplied, even when it is a single port)

- type in the servers ip address on that port forwarding page.

click apply

Service Name: Minecraft

Service Type: TCP/UDP

EXT Port: 25565

EXT Port:25565

Internal IP: (Go onto the machine you will be hosing the minecraft server on, go start, type CMD *enter* then type ipconfig) Enter your internal IPv4 address. MIne is 192.168.1.3 for eg

If you are using this as a server make sure you set a static IP to that machine. Here is how to do it through windows though you can set it manually using your router if you choose to

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address-in-xp-vista-or-windows-7/

I fixed it turned out I have a guest network that was using that port.