144hz Monitor without G-sync vs 144hz Monitor with G-sync

nsprinkle11
Go to solution Solved by BrightCandle,

My previous monitor was a Benq XL2411T which is a 1080p@144phz lightboost 2 monitor and currently I use a PG279Q which is 1440p@165hz gsync monitor.

Last year I also owned a PG278Q (1440p@144p) and had a lot of problems with repeated monitors and I ended up using my Benq a lot. So I have been using high refresh rate monitors for about 3 years now and gsync for a little over a year.

My experience tells me that gsync is kind of great, the image just feels solid and fluid and the frame rate matters a whole lot less. But playing BF4 at 100fps or so I don't notice a massive difference. There is definitely still a difference but where I really notice it is in the 30-60 range of fps where on a gsync monitor it remains smooth, its not good because its still a low frame rate but its consistent in a way you aren't used to without gsync being there. So if I was to sum up my thoughts I would tell you gsync just makes everything smoother, but >100hz will do that too but you'll be vsync off and that will impact on the image quality, you wont have that solid and lack of stutter feeling you get with gsync.

Personally I can live without gsync sort of, but I wouldn't want to. There is no way I am ever gaming at 60hz again but gsync I could live without, but I think its worth its asking price.

Correct! You can find the ebay seller here

How reliable are we talking with those Monitors @Retro. The prices almost seem too good to be true! As someone who is about to purchase my first gaming set up after console gaming for so long, the prices of the 144hz (Well branded) monitors is really off putting.

I think gsync is nice, but not as important as just having a high refresh rate and a gpu that can handle it and overall good color and image quality. It's not a deal breaker.

I have a gtx 980 which is borderline for 1440p so I like gsync in case fps drops below 60fps. If I had a 980 ti gsync probably wouldn't make much difference.

Don't discount freesync if u don't have a gpu. High end amd cards might lag slightly behind nvidia, but freesync is so much cheaper that you can get a fury x and a ips 1440p freesync monitor for the same price as a 980 and gsync monitor, and performance will be better.

If money isn't a big consideration than by all means go nvidia and gsync.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB