Carcharias mic issues

Zongo

Hi there.

So I've had my Razer Carcharias (old model) for a while now and the mic never worked. I never really needed it up until now, so I'm hoping the issue is fixable.

Upon closer inspection of the problem I discovered that the headset seems to be recording through the speakers. So I thought maybe this is a soldering mistake or something. I opened it up and all the wires seemed to be perfectly in place. All audio drivers are installed correctly and up to date. It behaves like this on every system I've tried it on. And this little desktop mic works fine on my system.

So I'm left pretty clueless as to what the problem could be.

Any help at all would be very much appreciated, thanks.

Hi there.

So I've had my Razer Carcharias (old model) for a while now and the mic never worked. I never really needed it up until now, so I'm hoping the issue is fixable.

Upon closer inspection of the problem I discovered that the headset seems to be recording through the speakers. So I thought maybe this is a soldering mistake or something. I opened it up and all the wires seemed to be perfectly in place. All audio drivers are installed correctly and up to date. It behaves like this on every system I've tried it on. And this little desktop mic works fine on my system.

So I'm left pretty clueless as to what the problem could be.

Any help at all would be very much appreciated, thanks.

I would just contact Razer and see if they can help you fix it or get a new pair.

I am a happy wuffy

I would just contact Razer and see if they can help you fix it or get a new pair.

I've tried that but they said I needed to contact the retailer for that. Which I did, and they replied with something about noodles. Great job Amazon...

Also I've had it for 3 years now I think so it's no longer an option either. And like I said, I never really needed it so I didn't push on to get a new one.

I've tried that but they said I needed to contact the retailer for that. Which I did, and they replied with something about noodles. Great job Amazon...

Also I've had it for 3 years now I think so it's no longer an option either. And like I said, I never really needed it so I didn't push on to get a new one.

Best customer service when they end up taking about noodles.

I am a happy wuffy

better than on hold music  :)

On that note Att has the worst hold music.

I am a happy wuffy

better than on hold music  :)

At least they could have sent me some noodles. ;)

Have you tried to install the Razer Surround? http://www.razerzone.com/surround - It lets you configure it a little.

Yes, I have. And I found that it's trash. I get can make out enemy positions far better without it, and it sucks terribly for music.

Also I don't see what it has to do with the mic but whatever, thanks anyway.

Yes, I have. And I found that it's trash. I get can make out enemy positions far better without it, and it sucks terribly for music.

Also I don't see what it has to do with the mic but whatever, thanks anyway.

I had to use it with a pair of Razer Kraken Pro's to be able to get the Mic to work. That's why.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I had to use it with a pair of Razer Kraken Pro's to be able to get the Mic to work. That's why.

Oh that's very strange. But mine is a 3+ year old model and I'm sure Razer Surround didn't exist back then. So yeah, it should work without it :p