Live streaming a wedding...

TechnoNerd

Hallo! 

I need some ideas/input on this. So my mom and her fiance are getting married soon. They will be getting married at a public venue/place thats made for celebrations and such. They called me today asking if there is any way I can live stream it for them so anybody who couldn't make it could watch from home. I told them yes, because I know i can make it happen. Were still checking if they have internet and how fast.  Assuming they do and its fast enough, this wouldn't be that hard. I would like to be able to live stream off of about 1-3 cameras and I want to record it for any who miss the stream. I just don't know where to start.

I'm in need of: 

- the best site to stream this event on

- hardware setup ideas (How to hook everything up)

- a good software to stream with

- approximate cost for any equipment needed

-Specs on my profile-

Hallo! 

I need some ideas/input on this. So my mom and her fiance are getting married soon. They will be getting married at a public venue/place thats made for celebrations and such. They called me today asking if there is any way I can live stream it for them so anybody who couldn't make it could watch from home. I told them yes, because I know i can make it happen. Were still checking if they have internet and how fast.  Assuming they do and its fast enough, this wouldn't be that hard. I would like to be able to live stream off of about 1-3 cameras and I want to record it for any who miss the stream. I just don't know where to start.

I'm in need of: 

- the best site to stream this event on

- hardware setup ideas (How to hook everything up)

- a good software to stream with

- approximate cost for any equipment needed

Twitch would probably be the best to stream on. As for hardware setup you probably need a computer with a lot of usb ports or get a usb hub assuming you are using USB cameras. OBS would be the best software to stream on in my opinion. All you basically need are good quality webcams. Regular cameras would probably be harder to stream from. 

Numbre

Twitch would probably be the best to stream on. As for hardware setup you probably need a computer with a lot of usb ports or get a usb hub assuming you are using USB cameras. OBS would be the best software to stream on in my opinion. All you basically need are good quality webcams. Regular cameras would probably be harder to stream from. 

Twitch probably wouldn't allow it since it is non-gaming.

-Specs on my profile-

Twitch probably wouldn't allow it since it is non-gaming.

Hitbox or ustream would be the next option then.

Numbre

Hitbox or ustream would be the next option then.

I also dont know if webcams will have good quality with distance since the entire point of them is to be used up close.

-Specs on my profile-

*bump*

Aha! Streaming from youtube via hangouts is a good idea!

Numbre

I also dont know if webcams will have good quality with distance since the entire point of them is to be used up close.

It won't, you shouldn't use a standard cheap web cam

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

It won't, you shouldn't use a standard cheap web cam

Logitech Has High Definition 1080p webcams that look good.

Numbre

I would use the free version of XSplit and a few webcams. Just me though. :)

My PC Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz, Motherboard: , Memory: 16gb , Storage: , Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC(x2), Case: Corsair C70 Green, Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G GOLD, Operating System: Windows 8.1, CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100, Optical Drive: LG Internal Super Multi Drive