Need help with a build!

Hello everyone,

let me say i'm new to the forum and pc-building in general, that said i'd like a review or tips,whatever, about this build.

The idea behind it is that i'm starting with a low budged, since i also need a monitor and a keyboard, but i wanted something upgradeable, or "legacy". What i mean is that most of my budget is goin off with mid-quality core features (Cpu, mobo, psu,etc) and i'm cutting on extra stuffs, like ram upgrade, Gpu, storage, etc. So i can add theme later on. I should also mention this isnt ment for top quality game, like crysis, witcher, or any highly requireing game. I play some dota, and casualy some mmo. Nor is it ment for video-editing, 3d modeling and such.

But lets get to the build.

CPU : Intel core I5-6600

I tought that for my need that would be fine.

Mobo : Asus H170-PRO.

Compatible with the cpu, supports both ddr3l and ddr4, and can support something like a GeForce GTX 950.

Memory : HyperX Fury 2x8gb ram at 2133Mhz of DDR4 ram.

Storage : SSD kingstone 120Gb(or 240Gb) Sata 3.0

I didnt know if i should start with an HHD or a SSD, but since the Os is better of booting on a SSD, i tought i could add an HHD afterwards.

Psu : EVGA SuperNova 550W G2. Is it an overkill?i tought in case i added an extra gpu(the Gtx 950) i might need some extra power supply.

Case : Carbide Series 100r Mid-tower. Nothing too fancy and kind of cheap.

Heatsink : CM 212 EVO, if the cpu dosent come with a heatsink. For what I've seen should be a good piece of gear for a reasonable price.

This is it, let me know if there are some atrocius stuffs in it, if it's reasonable or a waste of money!

PS:sorry for my english!Have a good one! ;)

-snip-

could you please use http://pcpartpicker.com/ (it makes our job easier!)? and we also need a budget and location.

And welcome to the forums!

ps: if you want notifications, remember to follow your own topic!

"Never quote yourself"

-I need a better name

could you please use http://pcpartpicker.com/ (it makes our job easier!)? and we also need a budget and location.

And welcome to the forums!

ps: if you want notifications, remember to follow your own topic!

Perma link : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9QJGCJ

I could not find both the case and the GPU.

Location is Europe(italy) and budged is <800$(750$optimal).Thanks for the hint!

you won't need the 212 evo as you'll not be overclock with this build. you should also pick another SSD, the one you picked isn't as fast as others for the same price

"Never quote yourself"

-I need a better name

you won't need the 212 evo as you'll not be overclock with this build. you should also pick another SSD, the one you picked isn't as fast as others for the same price

How do you evaluate SSD speed?

GTX 950 is perfect for your needs, also i woulnt use the i5-6600 (k). its an overkill i think for what you need. you could get an i5-4xxx (for example, an i5-4760) and save a few bucks, that also means you would get a stock cooler with it, and save what you would pay for your evo, that you wont use to full capacity, or enough to justify the buy anyways if you dont overclock. also that would mean ddr3 ram, but seriously ddr4 is not a big upgrade, you wont really notice it, especially on low power games like the one you play. and ddr3 is cheaper for the same capacity and frequence.

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

How about smt like this?

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($126.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($44.95 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  ($183.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $782.73
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-12 04:49 EDT-0400

You could swap the i5, Mobo and Ram to your 6600, Mobo and DDR4 Ram for practically same price if you want. I modified an older build of mine so it still use the 4690k

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log