Custom Case build

MzCatieB

So i saw linus was building his own case and iv wanted to do it for a while.

im currently designing my own case and plan on seeing how much it will cost to get built using the same company.

My plan is to 90' mount the motherboard and put a "cooling box" (4x fan's in a contained box that drops in to place and is held in with thumb screws)

cables will be protected by a dust filter & build in fan guard.

Design so far (rear view)

post-2896-0-32424800-1442851632_thumb.jp

im designing it panel by panel

Cooling box (exploded view)
post-2896-0-23429700-1442851585_thumb.jp

i would love feedback as its the first time designing my own case

any design alterations would be appreciated

(all models are my own and have been modeled to show screw points and scales)

Character artist in the Games industry.

Looks really cool but i think you are overlooking filter slots for the filters you spoke of, unless you are using mesh by the foot and just gluing it on to the fan guard.

Would be cool if you made some removable cable and or tubing slots in the floor of the MOBO area.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Looks really cool but i think you are overlooking filter slots for the filters you spoke of, unless you are using mesh by the foot and just gluing it on to the fan guard.

Would be cool if you made some removable cable and or tubing slots in the floor of the MOBO area.

there is a gap that goes down the length of the part... you can just see it at the angle

there is a gap that goes down the length of the part... you can just see it at the angle

So it goes along the back under the MOBO, it is a bit hard to detect from someone who hasn't seen the other angles. The piece that is cut from there should be sectioned so you can remove what you need IMO.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

So it goes along the back under the MOBO, it is a bit hard to detect from someone who hasn't seen the other angles. The piece that is cut from there should be sectioned so you can remove what you need IMO.

like i said im still designing it, but the idea is to make the cooling box removeable to get to the i/o... reason is i feel that when the i/o is at the back it makes it annoying to plug things in and out so 90' mounting it will make things easier, but i want to move the hot air away faster so thats where the cooling box comes in.

im still roughing things together then will refine everything after i get it all together