Does someone know what this means?

Raffy98

Hi everybody, I found this written on a sheet attached to the notice-board of my condominium.

It would be nice of someone out there telling me what this means; it looks like russian or a language using Cyrillic alphabet.

I already tried using the Google Translate iOS app but it failed.

I don't know if this is an offensive sentence, but I think it is because there is no point of writing something on a notice-board where everyone can see and read in a foreign language.

Anyway, thank you in advance! :)

post-250367-0-79698600-1441805984.png

Glory to Ukraine - Something more about heroes and glory.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Glory to Ukraine - Something more about heroes and glory.

Seriously!? Lol

Seriously!? Lol

Yep - and yes - it's in Russian. No, I don't speak Russian, written Russian originates from Bulgarian ^_^

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I think it's in Ukranian not Russian, but yeah. I do speak Russian...

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

I think it's in Ukranian not Russian, but yeah. I do speak Russian...

Could be - they're fairly close.

Could be - they're fairly close.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that 'I' letter is ever used in Russian, at least not in Russian words. I'm not sure if it's entirely unique to Ukrainian, but that's how I can usually tell the two apart.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that 'I' letter is ever used in Russian, at least not in Russian words. I'm not sure if it's entirely unique to Ukrainian, but that's how I can usually tell the two apart.

I honestly don't recall "i" being part of any slavic language :o

it's usually written as "и" or "й"

I honestly don't recall "i" being part of any slavic language :o

it's usually written as "и" or "й"

Well, it's a ї. I don't know if I can technically call it an 'I.'

The name of the state of Ukraine, in Ukrainian, is Україна.

It is very strange that how you wrote Ukraine is very similar to how it is written in the image. It's like the only different letter is the last one.

Well, it's a ї. I don't know if I can technically call it an 'I.'

Likely Ukrainian then.

It is very strange that how you wrote Ukraine is very similar to how it is written in the image. It's like the only different letter is the last one.

Yeah, it's probably just in a different case or different form of the word. Like how the noun "Ukraine" vs. the adjective "Ukrainian" differs slightly in English. I don't know if that's what it is, but something like that.

don_svetlio is correct, I think it's clearly Ukrainian. Even the message makes more sense that way.

Full disclosure: I don't actually speak this or any Slavic language, I just know some trivia. :)

It is hard to tell with that picture, but to me it differently looks like an East Slavic language at the least. If the image were clearer, it would be so easy to tell. haha that said I think it is Ukrainian as well.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Yeah, it's probably just in a different case or different form of the word. Like how the noun "Ukraine" vs. the adjective "Ukrainian" differs slightly in English. I don't know if that's what it is, but something like that.

don_svetlio is correct, I think it's clearly Ukrainian. Even the message makes more sense that way.

Full disclosure: I don't actually speak this or any Slavic language, I just know some trivia. :)

It is hard to tell with that picture, but to me it differently looks like an East Slavic language at the least. If the image were clearer, it would be so easy to tell. haha that said I think it is Ukrainian as well.

I think i'll go with Glory to Ukraine - Glory to Heroes.

Google Translate shows me that the letters are very similar to the ones in the image when trying to translate it in Ukrainian.

Now that you've figured it out, next step is to write a note back and post it, like "Death to Ukraine - Death to heroes" lol

Then i guess you could wait to see if a new message pops up later on. That could be fun :P

Or maybe just "I know who you are."

Just a normal guy with a constant desire to modify everything he owns. 

Check out my current build here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006447-the-cake-is-a-lie-water-cooled-portal-pc/

Now that you've figured it out, next step is to write a note back and post it, like "Death to Ukraine - Death to heroes" lol

Then i guess you could wait to see if a new message pops up later on. That could be fun :P

The fun fact is that I live in Italy, but even if we were in Ukraine there was literally no point of writing such thing on a notice-board... I think I'll write: "Don't worry, you can write even in chinese, i'll always get to know what you're saying.". (thanks to your help xD)

The fun fact is that I live in Italy, but even if we were in Ukraine there was literally no point of writing such thing on a notice-board... I think I'll write: "Don't worry, you can write even in chinese, i'll always get to know what you're saying.". (thanks to your help xD)

That might get a Ukrainian hitman on his ass :D