Get classic theme in windows 10

rtpb5642

Sorry if this is the wrong area to ask this

Ive been messing around in a VM and one thing is bugging me. THERE IS NO CLASSIC THEME O_o

I am trying to find a way to get the classic theme (looks like windows 97/98) in windows 10, anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

What's the point in having Windows 10 if you're just going to change the theme back?

What's the point in having Windows 10 if you're just going to change the theme back?

Disk usage...

Stability....

RAM Usage...

Disk usage...

Stability....

RAM Usage...

Okay... But how is Windows 10 in anyway more stable and uses less RAM?

There are a bit more changes than just looks... they aren't just reskinning windows 95 every time...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

There are a bit more changes than just looks... they aren't just reskinning windows 95 every time...

Yes, I'm aware of that. I just can't see any real point in upgrading to Windows 10, which tbh isn't exactly lightweight, just to change the theme of it to 97/98...

Yes, I'm aware of that. I just can't see any real point in upgrading to Windows 10, which tbh isn't exactly lightweight, just to change the theme of it to 97/98...

By your logic, there was no point ever upgrading from Windows XP

Okay... But how is Windows 10 in anyway more stable and uses less RAM?

Ummm..

More optimized.

By your logic, there was no point ever upgrading from Windows XP

What? Yes there is, theme and features? What do you mean my logic? My logic was that if you're just going to upgrade to an OS, then change the theme of it to a previous one, there's no real point in upgrading. 

What? Yes there is, theme and features? What do you mean my logic? My logic was that if you're just going to upgrade to an OS, then change the theme of it to a previous one, there's no real point in upgrading. 

*sigh*

*sigh*

I'm really confused about what you're talking about. I've been saying that there's no point in upgrading to Windows 10 if you're going to change the theme back to 97/98, then you said by that logic there was no point in upgrading from XP... 

Well, yes there would, if you're not going to upgrade from XP then change the theme back to the theme of XP.... 

EDIT: You mean just in this instance, not just in general?

I'm really confused about what you're talking about. I've been saying that there's no point in upgrading to Windows 10 if you're going to change the theme back to 97/98, then you said by that logic there was no point in upgrading XP... 

Well, yes there would, if you're not going to upgrade from XP then change the theme back to the theme of XP.... 

OSes improve more things than just themes.

theme and features

Same goes for 10... changing back the theme doesn't make you loose the new features...

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Same goes for 10... changing back the theme doesn't make you loose the new features...

OSes improve more things than just themes.

Yes, i know! But what i'm saying is, i don't understand why you would upgrade to Windows 10, just to change the theme back to Windows 97... 

Yes, i know! But what i'm saying is, i don't understand why you would upgrade to Windows 10, just to change the theme back to Windows 97... 

T O   G E T   T H E   N E W   F E A T U R E S

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

BECAUSE THEY IMPROVE THINGS

T O   G E T   T H E   N E W   F E A T U R E S

BUT WHY NOT JUST KEEP THE DAMN THEME 

this? maxresdefault.jpg

Yup, Me WANT

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

I want features of newer windows but the windwos 10 theme is shit IMO. I feel like im a retard using it everything is too simple.

Well lots of people like retro style. I do too. Still, I want dx12. Only way would be windows 10 with a retro theme. It is just a skin. Just like changing your wallpaper, you can change many other looks. Linux is actually much bigger there. Many versions are actually basically the same Linux, but have entirely different skins. It is just about preference of looks.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

I want features of newer windows but the windwos 10 theme is shit IMO. I feel like im a retard using it everything is too simple.

You feel like a retard because it's too simple.... So, you'd rather have something more complex to make you feel more capable, rather than just having something simpler?

Fair enough