logitech g710 vs g710+ and keyboard recomendations

shayned1997

So some LED's are dead on my corsair k70 and it is bothering me so time to go keyboard shopping soon. I am looking at something that is blue switches, has dedicated media keys and wheel, and preferably has back light. I came a crossed the Logitech g710 with blue and the g710+ with browns. I have never used browns before so i dont know what i think of them but, are their any other differences between the two other than color and switch type? 

On another note if there are any other keyboards out their that you guys use that are MX blues(not sure about the browns yet need to try them out), has media keys and preferably has a backlight than lemme no please. Sop found i found the Logitechs and a DAS keybaord without backlight. (if only the corsair RGBs had blues.

Thanks Guys :D

Blue = audible click

brown = no audible click

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Blues require more actuation force. Also note that the g710+ comes with O-rings which are pre-installed and dampen the sound even more.

Do they feel the same?

both do have a bump feeling in the middle of the switch

but blues require slightly more force to press down

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Blues require more actuation force. Also note that the g710+ comes with O-rings which are pre-installed and dampen the sound even more.

Are those really the only differences? O and welcome to the forum :D

Are those really the only differences? O and welcome to the forum :D

No, its not. If you want a harder brown, then you should get cherry MX clears. The click on the MX blues is very audible, and is much more significant than on browns. I would not get the g710+, as the rubber pads on it make it feel almost as mushy as a membrane keyboard.

No, its not. If you want a harder brown, then you should get cherry MX clears. The click on the MX blues is very audible, and is much more significant than on browns. I would not get the g710+, as the rubber pads on it make it feel almost as mushy as a membrane keyboard.

Not saying that this isn't the case, but that's kinda the point of getting a keyboard with orings... Extreme silence. The orings are always removable and to be completely straight with you, the 710+ is by far the cheapest (and yet is fairly ok overall) cherry full keyboard so it is by far the best mechanical on a budget.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS