System powers on but does not boot consistently

So last week I pulled my gpu out of my rig to show a friend how to do it and to clean a little. When throwing it back together it powered on (lights and fans were working) but the screens did not turn on. At first I thought I somehow killed my gpu but I'm currently running a dual monitor setup and my secondary monitor is hooked up to my integrated vga port, yet it didn't work either. So I turned it off and tried again, I came to the conclusion that I may have fried my motherboard. Since its been so hot I thought maybe some sweat made its way into the system. But I had A/C going and a separate fan so I wasn't very sweaty. I use an anti static wrist band, and I live in the pacific NW which obviously is far from a dry climate, so I ruled out static damage. But after waiting a day and trying again, the integrated monitor booted. When signing in my computer was downloading gpu drivers. Not updating but as if it was a new gpu, thought it was weird but I had just swapped the PCI slot it was in and took it as a step in the right direction. Restarted it and the system fully booted. I was happy but not in the mood for games so I shut it down and went to sleep. Next day only integrated works, so I hit the forums. First I try booting with no gpu and 1 stick of ram, which I read to do on a thread on this website. That didn't work. Then I tried clearing cmos, I may not have done it right but I took the battery out of my motherboard as instructed by a MSI YouTube video. The video told me short it for 5 seconds and that's the part I may have done wrong. But still didn't work. and now I'm back to square one, as neither of the monitors are responding anymore. I tested the monitors, checked my cords and none of that was out of order. Really at my wits end here, would've preferred it to just stop working rather than making me think I fixed it then just trolling me. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

SPECS:

Intel i5 4670

GTX 760 EVGA SC edition

MSI z87-g45 motherboard

Corsair HX 750w power supply

Two 8gb sticks of corsair vengeance pro ram

Windows 7 home premium 64bit OS

When clearing CMOS all you need to do is remove the battery, unplug your system from the wall, and hold the power button down for a few seconds. Some motherboards also have a jumper or clear CMOS button.

Give it another go.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

When clearing CMOS all you need to do is remove the battery, unplug your system from the wall, and hold the power button down for a few seconds. Some motherboards also have a jumper or clear CMOS button.

Give it another go.

Thank you, noob question but wanna do it right. Do I unplug it from the wall before or after removing the battery? And you mean the case power switch correct?

Thank you, noob question but wanna do it right. Do I unplug it from the wall before or after removing the battery? And you mean the case power switch correct?

Either one and yes.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Try reinstalling the gpu. If that does not work remove the gpu and try to boot.