Silverstone Air Penetrator vs Noctua NF A14

BCreation

For both radiator and case fans, which one would perform better? Is there a real difference? Would it be worth taking the ugly fans over the other?

If the fans are going to be expoused, it's better a good looking fans (obviously). But it all comes as a user's perspective and tastes.

I would buy the Noctua NF A14, because u can easily painted it if you don't like the original colour, and also, in my country/region is more likely to get the Noctua over the Air Penetrators.

*Both perform good...

*Do you want a silent computer operation? Can you handle the speed and the noise output?

If yes, start seeing some specs and videos about how loud, and how much CFM both do.

If the fans are going to be expoused, it's better a good looking fans (obviously). But it all comes as a user's perspective and tastes.

I would buy the Noctua NF A14, because u can easily painted it if you don't like the original colour, and also, in my country/region is more likely to get the Noctua over the Air Penetrators.

*Both perform good...

*Do you want a silent computer operation? Can you handle the speed and the noise output?

If yes, start seeing some specs and videos about how loud, and how much CFM both do.

I've read that painting Noctua fans ruin the performance. Not sure though.

*Both perform good...

If you paint the fan blades it can decrease the performance and life span of the fan. It causes instability and uneven weight distribution of the fan blades and causes it to "wobble".

You should go for the AirPenetrator.Those fans are actually great!They are silent,they have that direct-flow thingy...The Noctuas are the best but they don't actually look very good.You can check out the BitFenix Spectre Pro!They have LEDs and they are very powerful.

http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/news/show/38,bitfenix-launches-spectre-pro%EF%BF%BD%C2%A2/

if you are looking for "linus' tech tip" then it would definitely be Air Pens =P

they perform near identical. but the directional air flow if placed in a pull config might be beneficial for overall setup.

yeah go for the Air Penetrators almost the same performance and looks better than noctua fans

If your interested in how they would look and you can see them then use the air penetrators. If you can't see them however use the Noctuas as they are better fans

Looking at the spec sheets, the Noctua fan has a greater static pressure at an equal RPM, but they both have the same static pressure at max rotation speed.

The Noctua fan also lists a greater airfow than the air penetrator.

I'd go for the noctua fan for radiators and either fan for case airflow, it doesn't really matter that much.