SPEC - 01 Airflow

Moureau Niels

Hi guys

I made a plan on my airflow for my new build!

notes

I will be overclocking CPU and GPU

I don't care about HardDrive or SSD placement (tell if there is a best config)

Don't call me out on the parts, i'm happy with them.

Give me your toughts

THNX

post-195126-0-72703500-1434474672.png

id reverse the h60 and set the top fans for exaust

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

Regardless of what you might do with the other fans, I wouldn't have an intake fan and an exhaust fan directly next to each other, as you seem to have in the top of the case. What you're going to get there is two fans just recycling each other's warm air. Either use both as intakes, or both as exhausts.

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

You want an airflow in the front with no constrictions and no bottom fan tbh or SP if you really want one.

There is an airflow fan in the front

There is one SP for blowing trough the HD cages and 1 AF for directed airflow straight to the GPU

There is an airflow fan in the front

There is one SP for blowing trough the HD cages and 1 AF for directed airflow straight to the GPU

Yes I know but I would recommend an SP at the front to provide airflow to GPU as well as CPU Cooler.

Yes I know but I would recommend an SP at the front to provide airflow to GPU as well as CPU Cooler.

So 2 SPs in the front?

@Moureau Niels, I laughed so hard at that thumbnail!

I'd be tempted to use an H100i mounted to the top, front two and rear as intake and then top two as exhaust.

Also, I'd be tempted to use an SP120 instead of the 140. I had a look at the specs and was rather unimpressed, despite its larger size. I'm not surprised, but I was disappointed.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

@Moureau Niels, I laughed so hard at that thumbnail!

I'd be tempted to use an H100i mounted to the top, front two and rear as intake and then top two as exhaust.

Also, I'd be tempted to use an SP120 instead of the 140. I had a look at the specs and was rather unimpressed, despite its larger size. I'm not surprised, but I was disappointed.

The thumbnail :')

First, a rad does not fit in the top of the case.

The H100 is to expensive in my country

But i want the 140 instead of the 120 because it looks better, the pc is more like an absolute looks pc than pure performance

The thumbnail :')

First, a rad does not fit in the top of the case.

The H100 is to expensive in my country

But i want the 140 instead of the 120 because it looks better, the pc is more like an absolute looks pc than pure performance

Why's that? I've got the case and I reckon there's enough clearance to fit a 240mm rad. Not that I've tried it, so I can't comment objectively.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Why's that? I've got the case and I reckon there's enough clearance to fit a 240mm rad. Not that I've tried it, so I can't comment objectively.

The rad fits, but rad + fans ...

I think not, the video says that the spec 01 fits 2 fans in the top and a rear rad with 2 or 1 fan!

Do you still have the case?

Do you still have the case?

Yeah. I really like it, looks awesome. I may have to consider getting a new case now as I wanted to be able to top mount a 240mm rad in the future, such a shame, because it looks lairy as hell.

Overclock3D found they could fit a Nepton 240M in the top, albeit with some RAM compatibility issues. http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/corsair_carbide_spec_01_03_review/6

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler