Something very interesting !

qwertywarrior

hi guys

i was wondering the other day

why cant i connect two PCs together using a usb 3.0 cable

after a very long search i came across this

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's called Crossover cable , and they can be hard to find.  (click the hyperlink)

1692.jpg

The USB 3.0 spec also indicates that this cable can be used to connect two PCs together; however, the unfortunate reality is that no operating system currently supports this feature.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this sounds amazing

its a plug&play experience without the hassle of configuring Ethernet

but for some odd reason no OSes supports it .

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

if this does get supported, what do you think will it bring? faster transfer from one pc to another? network sharing without using a multiple port router?

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

So this would be a way to copy files and make backups onto a laptop instead of copying them to a external HDD

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

If this does get supported it will be interesting if someone can get it to work with thunderbolt because it would have faster speed and it would be able to carry the pcie signal although I don't know how that would work.

Samdb, on 20 Jul 2013 - 6:06 PM, said:

I don't really see the point in it.

there have been many instances where im at my cousins place and he has lots of anime and im like

ok i have a hard disk but its 10gb free so what i do is copy and paste it to my laptop over and over again

this is a breath of fresh air for me

or just talking out the idea of using an external hard drive

if i had this

i wouldn't need an external 500 gb hard drive (im talking about my self )

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I don't see why this would be better/easier than regular networking with ethernet, surely it would just be slower?

Rig: CPU: 1x quad core potato(4.6GHz). Cooling: Iced Tea. GPU: AMD HDToaster. Motherboard: Asus "Stale Bread Extreme Edition". RAM: 2x 4GB sticks of 1600MHz celery. PSU: 650w Roborovski Hamster in wheel.  Storage: Many Floppy Disks. 

I don't see why this would be better/easier than regular networking with ethernet, surely it would just be slower?

ethernet is not plug&play

If this allows us to see the other computer the same way we see a flash drive this would cut out the middle man as it were for transferring a file between them.

Instead of going Computer 1 -> USB Drive USB Drive -> Computer 2 it would go

Computer 1 -> Computer 2

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

a cat5e crossover cable is cheaper and faster and already exists