RAID 0 two SSDs with a single HDD as backup?

Alcatraz

Can I set up a RAID 0 config with two SSDs, and have a single HDD for a backup in the case of an SSD failure? RAID 10 sounds very close to what I want, but I've only ever heard of people doing it with two SSDs and two HDDs. Any basic guidelines for setting this up would be appreciated. Also, what HDD would be the best for this? It doesn't have to be fast, just reliable. 500gb is about what I need for the backup HDD. Thanks for any replies!

-A storage noob

Some Seagate Baracuda HDD would be fine i guess.. otherwise take a look at the Western Digital caviar Red series..

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

NCIX sells desktops with RAIDed SSDs and a single HDD for backup. I've seen Linus do a video about one.

Computer enthusiast, Network Consultant - 16+ years experience - Associates Degree in Electronics - 1996 - CompTIA A+ certification - 2000 - Bachelor's Degree of Information Technology - 2010

I would love to RAID two PCIe SSDs.

I think that is what they are doing in this single card on the link below.

2 gig througput!

Computer enthusiast, Network Consultant - 16+ years experience - Associates Degree in Electronics - 1996 - CompTIA A+ certification - 2000 - Bachelor's Degree of Information Technology - 2010

you could raid 2 ssds and then use a program like norton ghost to back them up every few days. I think you might be able to set it to back itself up on a timer so that it does it automatically.