Need a bit of guidance please.

Will the GIGABYTE GA-F2A85X-UP4 give me full power from my GTX 660TI with an AMD A6 3650 Processor, assuming all other hardware items are up to standard for the 660ti?

If not, will upgrading to the A8-3870K do the trick? (what is the best processor I can upgrade to using this motherboard?)

Lets just say that right now, I believe my card to be bottlenecked. A GTX 260 MAX OC is running basically the same FPS, if not better.

Current specs are: (p6-2143 not stock)

AAHD2-HY Motherboard with an A6-3650 Processor

8GB PC3 DDR3 1600 Ram

900W/1000W Peak Power Supply

Windows 7 Home

Far Cry 3 runs very very very skippy and the recommendations are Ultra settings, but I cannot get it to run decent even on Low settings.

I have 2 27" monitors running 1080p -

But dont you think the card can handle this?

Corsair 800D Case      NZXT Hue      NZXT Sentry-001LX     EVGA Gold Standard 850W PSU     Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB PC4 C15 DDR4 3000MHz     i5 7600k @ 4.2GHz     Gigabyte GA-Z270 ATX Gaming K3     8 Fans     Titan X     1.5TB Internal SSD    

Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard     Logitech G602     Bose QC15 Headphones     c910 Logitech Webcam(used for microphone also)     (3) 27" LG Monitors     Bose Companion 2 Series III Speakers     Logitech Gamepad F310  Oculus Rift Tri-Cams

CLICK HERE TO SEE MY BUILD (not updated)

That motherboard will not work with your CPU.

Motherboard is FM2 socket, CPU is FM1

And no the A8-3870K is also a FM1 socket processor and will not work with the gigabyte motherboard.

You will need something like a A10-5800K to go with the motherboard.

I have the same card and I think the GPU is too weak for two monitors. Turn down the settings a bit.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Ok, the mobo has 1x16, 1x8 and 1x4 PCI-E 2.0 slots. What is a good way to get Far Cry 3 to run smooth on my monitors. SLI a second 660ti? (not using the second monitor is not an option)

I just wanna get the game to run smoothly.

Corsair 800D Case      NZXT Hue      NZXT Sentry-001LX     EVGA Gold Standard 850W PSU     Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB PC4 C15 DDR4 3000MHz     i5 7600k @ 4.2GHz     Gigabyte GA-Z270 ATX Gaming K3     8 Fans     Titan X     1.5TB Internal SSD    

Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard     Logitech G602     Bose QC15 Headphones     c910 Logitech Webcam(used for microphone also)     (3) 27" LG Monitors     Bose Companion 2 Series III Speakers     Logitech Gamepad F310  Oculus Rift Tri-Cams

That motherboard will not work with your CPU. Motherboard is FM2 socket' date=' CPU is FM1 And no the A8-3870K is also a FM1 socket processor and will not work with the gigabyte motherboard. You will need something like a A10-5800K to go with the motherboard. I have the same card and I think the GPU is too weak for two monitors. Turn down the settings a bit. [/quote']

What he said. The 660Ti is great for pushing high details with good fps at 1080p resolution. Higher resolution or multiple monitors requires more power or turning down detail levels, especially antialiasing

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Ok, are you telling me that my hardware should be pulling the max it can from my card? Also will it matter if I get another 660ti and one runs in an x8 and the other in a x16? It should still work, correct?