Making a new gaming pc - a bit above 1k

Mixzzz

So im making a new pc for myself for about 1k. So heres what i have came up with now:

CPU - AMD FX-8350 - 260$

MB - Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 - 130$

RAM - Suggest me

PSU - Corsai CX750M or OCZ 750W Fatal1ty Series ( Both cost 120$) Which one?

GPU - Gigabyte HD7870(GV-R787OC-2GD) - 300$

Case - Aerocool vs-9 advance - Already have

SSD - you can suggest me but i will buy it later but i think of Intel 330 120gb

CPU cooler - suggest me

DVD-ROM - ill just get some cheap one since i dont use it everyday

ps - I live in Latvia so newegg doesnt work for me

pss - I cant get these parts any cheaper in my country...

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

If you're really having problems with budget because of where you live you can drop down the CPU to a 4300 FX it will still be pretty good for gaming honestly, not so much much else, but gaming it will be fine. For PSU you don't need 750w for a 7870, you can get a decent 500 or 550w and be plenty fine.

CPU: Good but as mentioned if you're on a tight squeeze you could drop it down to a 4300FX.

MB: Don't personally know much of AMD socket boards.

RAM: 4GB of Corsair Vengeance (low profile) if you're tight on money otherwise 8gb is plenty for gaming.

PSU: Drop it to a 600w - I like the Silverstone Strider Plus range because they're relatively cheap, reliable and are fully modular.

GPU: Decent

SSD: Intel 330's are pretty good for budget systems. Other options include Sandisk Extremes and Samsung 830's - they're all around the $100 for a 120/128.

CPU Cooler: If you're going for keeping it cold but no serious overclocking then go for the CoolerMaster 212. They're about $25-$30 and are a really good budget cooling solution. Just make sure to get low profile RAM because most air coolers have clearance issues with RAM.

Have you thought about peripherals and an OS?

Other than that, looks good and enjoy :)

CPU: Good but as mentioned if you're on a tight squeeze you could drop it down to a 4300FX.

RAM: 4GB of Corsair Vengeance (low profile) if you're tight on money otherwise 8gb is plenty for gaming.

PSU: Drop it to a 600w - I like the Silverstone Strider Plus range because they're relatively cheap, reliable and are fully modular.

SSD: Intel 330's are pretty good for budget systems. Other options include Sandisk Extremes and Samsung 830's - they're all around the $100 for a 120/128.

CPU Cooler: If you're going for keeping it cold but no serious overclocking then go for the CoolerMaster 212. They're about $25-$30 and are a really good budget cooling solution. Just make sure to get low profile RAM because most air coolers have clearance issues with RAM.

Naah its not so tight so ill take 8350 but about the PSU, doesnt the 8350 eat alot of power when OCed? thats why i took 750w psu... As for the ram ill take vengeance low profile 8gb kit (i was already thinking of it earlier). And which is the best version of cm hyper 212? And yes, if you can you could suggest me a good 23 inch monitor that could be great as for the windows i have pirated windows 7 and for now i have wirless keyboard and mouse combo (logitech mx3200) and logitech z4 speakers. I dont have headphones because i dont like playing with them.

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

The 8350 draws roughly the same as a 3770K so on a 600w PSU it'll be fine. Go the evo, from memory the plus has little groves in the heat sink which are generally annoying to clean thermal paste out of and means it doesn't generate the same contact with the chip.

For monitors, if you can the best thing to do is wander down to your local electronics retailer and have a look at them for yourself. I personally like the BenQ GW-2450 - it's a VA panel so it's got better colour reproduction than the TN panels but not as good as IPS displays. It's about $190 AUD.

RAM: Get Kingston HyperX RAM - they have a lifetime warranty and they're really cheap.

SSD: You really can't go wrong with the Intel 330 series - I think the sweetspot right now is the 180 GB model.

CPU cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo or the Hyper 212X would cool that FX8350 decently, but if you need better cooling look at the Noctua NH-D14 or that Phanteks dual tower heatsink - the best air coolers out there and they in cooling performance are inbetween the H80i and H100i, but they cost a lot less.

One thing to remember is you don't get PCIe 3.0 support with the AMD processor.

I seem to remember Linus saying something in a live stream about just buying the cheapest motherboard you can find with AMD CPUs, because everything is handled on the CPU... anyone else remember this?

I have a question, why are you going AMD?

For $200 you can get a 3570K which will perform better than a 8350.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

so now:

MB - should i take ga-990fxa-d3 (4+1 phase) or ga-990xa-ud3 (8+2 phase)?

RAM - corsair vengeance low profile 8gb kit

PSU - taking OCZ fatality series 750w because its semi modular and the price difference btw 650w and 750w is like 15$ so ill better spend a little more...

SSD - Intel 330 120gb

Cooler - CM hyper 212x or Zalman CNPS14X?

so now:

MB - should i take ga-990fxa-d3 (4+1 phase) or ga-990xa-ud3 (8+2 phase)?

RAM - corsair vengeance low profile 8gb kit

PSU - taking OCZ fatality series 750w because its semi modular and the price difference btw 650w and 750w is like 15$ so ill better spend a little more...

SSD - Intel 330 120gb

Cooler - CM hyper 212x or Zalman CNPS14X?

the hyper 212(what ever ver. ) is good. it the best bang for your buck

why are you going for a very old SSD? is there a possibility that you can afford a vertex 4 or a vector ?

for RAM you dont have to get anything fancy get a 1600mhz CL9 8GB kit form G.Skill or kingstone.

for this build 550W is more than enogh but might run into upgrading problems down the road. so go for which ever the one have more PCIe 6+2 cables and stuff like that.

i would drop the DVD ROM if it was me. but u might need it to install windows. but then again you can also use a USB sick to install the OS

http://www.geekomad.com/2011/10/create-bootable-usb-pen-drive-for.html

Huh. 3570K better than FX-8350? Don't think so.

http://youtu.be/eu8Sekdb-IE

http://youtu.be/4et7kDGSRfc

I'd change my i5 to that FX-8350 anytime if i could.

the reason he is not getting a i5 3570k is the same reason that you are not changing a i5,

dont ask questions and say stuff that you already know the answer for. this is not helping anyone

the hyper 212(what ever ver. ) is good. it the best bang for your buck and its good for OverClocking too... trust me i used one on a Core i5 2500k at 4.8Ghz and i was doing its job well.

why are you going for a very old SSD? is there a possibility that you can afford a vertex 4 or a vector or a samsung 830 ?

for RAM you dont have to get anything fancy get a 1600mhz CL9 8GB kit form G.Skill or kingstone.

for this build 550W is more than enogh but might run into upgrading problems down the road. so go for which ever the one have more PCIe 6+2 cables and stuff like that.

i would drop the DVD ROM if it was me. but u might need it to install windows. but then again you can also use a USB sick to install the OS

http://www.geekomad.com/2011/10/crea...drive-for.html

do not think much about PCIe 3.0 becasue it will not matter for a long while for single cards( will matter for 3 and 4 way multi - GPU configs)

the HD 7870 is a good card. keep that dont change it. unless you find a higher end one for less.( which i dont think you will)

SSD: Intel - always great, reliable.

Hyper 212X is a great cooler.

Mobo: Take the 8 + 2 phase design one - It's going to be better for overclocking.