2x 6850 vs 660ti

DestroyerBen

Will two 6850s in Crossfirex perform equal to a 660ti? I already have a 6850 and it would be cheaper to just buy another card that to sell it a buy a 660ti.

From this graph we can extrapolate that 6850CF is about equal to a GTX 480.

perfrel.gif

From here we can tell that a 660Ti is about 4 percent better than a 580, and a 580 is about 10 percent better than a 480. So a 660Ti should be about 10-15 percent better, plus it will be less noise and less power consumption.

perfrel.gif

I agree with the above post about using comparisons to the gtx 480 to establish the performance difference between the two although a 660 ti isn't your only choice.

you could also go for a 7870 LE which is cheaper than a gtx 660 ti,and does better than it a majority of the time.

bf3_1920_1200.gifcrysis2_1920_1200.gif

sleepingdogs_1920_1200.gifstalkercop_1920_1200.gif

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131484

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Oh yeah, get a 7870 LE instead, unless you want Physx or Cuda.
I assumed that wasn't his biggest concern since he has a 6850,and also as long as you have a decent processor you can just use a modified file to use cpu physX.

and as for CUDA a lot of programs that are accelerated by CUDA are also now accelerated by open CL which AMD graphics cards excel in.and ones that aren't seem to be working on it.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Oh yeah, get a 7870 LE instead, unless you want Physx or Cuda.
I assumed that wasn't his biggest concern since he has a 6850' date='and also as long as you have a decent processor you can just use a modified file to use cpu physX. and as for CUDA a lot of programs that are accelerated by CUDA are also now accelerated by open CL which AMD graphics cards excel in.and ones that aren't seem to be working on it.[/quote']

Yeah but the modified Physx isn't unlocking everything in games (like BL2) and there is still a NEED at this present point in time for Cuda for some people. I wasn't assuming he needed either or wanted either, I just informed about it. That is all.

Thank you everyone, I definitely want Physx so i'll sell my 6850 to buy a 660ti