PC vs PS4 vs XboxOne

HmmR

NES games?

Legend of zelda?

Castlevania?

I played castlevania on a emulator on my second year of uni.

You had to grow up with them to go back to them.

I much prefer real HW to being a cheap bastard too.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

1.On PC, I can plug in controller, download game, and play with xbox360, commonly supported, controller profile with ANY reasonably popular controller.

2.explain "straight forward" because you still need to register/login for ps-.

3.PS4 does not play 30 year old games, earliest PS is made in around 21 years ago... PC, on the other hand...could play CastLe Wolfenstein.

4.Used games give no money to devs, you might as well be pirating(except you are dumb and paid money to greedy pawnshops).

5.If PC breaks, each part has its own warranty and websites like newegg can even send replacement part BEFORE your dead part gets there, for FREE.

For console potatoes, you are out of gaming machine for twice as long and probably have to pay first.

6.Additional benefits such as "free" games you PAID for? what else?

7.Consistency of console troubleshooting is that you CAN'T fix it if game crashes because it's console potato...you are at dev's mercy.

PC is objectively superior, if you try to use your opinion as an argument, then you have failed before there was even an argument.

1. Sure you can plug it in but how easy is it ?? let's say I have 4 of my friends just plug in controllers and start playing PES.

2. Okay, on console, register/login, update if needed, insert disk, download patch if needed, play, On PC, build it, install windows, install drivers, test the PC, install steam or whatever, register/login , download games, play.

3. I didn't say 30 years old games, I said old games like PS3 and PS2 games.

4. They already got the money, the re seller buys the game, someone buys the game from the re seller, person who bought the game sells it to the same or another re seller, I go and buy the used game, nothing like pirating, please let's keep this civil and be nice to each other,

5. Yes but how much time will that take, you will have to diagnose the PC and try to figure out what's wrong, with a console call Sony or live chat or whatever and your problem will be solved very quickly, pay first ??? twice as long ??? if my PS4 breaks I will go to the re seller and replace it in few hours.

6. Yeah those free games I paid for but they are great tittles and additional discounts/deals.

7.Game crashes, didn't happen to me in years of owning PS2, Wii, PS4.

A PC may have pros but consoles do also and people can form different opinions and a console may fit there needs more than a PC would.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Earliest games i go back to are Resident Evil and Tomb Raider, at which point are superior on console thanks to better controls.

1. Just no because you can just plug in a controller in your PC no problem

2. The controls are not necessarily superior, that's just what you think

3. That's you, we're talking in general

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

You call smarter people cheap bastards because you can't play old games on your "new" hardware.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Im sorry if i enjoy high resolution better controls and anti aliasing in my games.

Playing console games at 4k who wants that right?

1. Just no because you can just plug in a controller in your PC no problem

2. The controls are not necessarily superior, that's just what you think

3. That's you, we're talking in general

I own the PC ports, Resident Evil/ 2 have keyboard only controls as does The original DOS TR.

Want pic proof too?

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

I own the PC ports, Resident Evil/ 2 have keyboard only controls as does The original DOS TR.

Want pic proof too?

Emulate the ps1 versions and use xbox 360 pad.

Done.

You can also play ps1 games with AA and high resolution making them look WAY better than in original HW.

ff8erot2.jpg

I played ET for the atari 2600 the other day.

GG.

I also played zelda 1 on the NES.

Terranigma on the SNES.

That was a few months ago so.

You just cemented what I said , consoles are for lazy people that dont want to learn or people that enjoy exclusives.

PC is better in every other way.

I see you play old games, now can you tell me when you were young did you play these games ??

Nooo just nooo, I'm not lazy I have a costume PC so do other people and they own consoles, a lot of members here have custome built PC and own consoles, your argument consoles being for lazy people doesn't even make sense.

You didn't even reply to my other comments, you replayed to me asking you have you played 30 years old games.

NES games?

Legend of zelda?

Castlevania?

I played castlevania on a emulator on my second year of uni.

I played the first zelda recently , just because you dont...

Better controls? Do you even xbox 360 pad?

Do you dual shock 4 m8 ??

There is no better control on console potatoes.

Because PC has all of them, you can even control game with sex organ.

Try to use all the features of dual shock 4 on your PC, if you can tell me I would like to do the same.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Im sorry if i enjoy high resolution better controls and anti aliasing in my games.

Playing console games at 4k who wants that right?

You must love washed out textures at 4k, wheras my trinitron gives far superior imagary hiding the PS2 flaws at 480p scaled perfect through Component HD leads on real HW.

1. Sure you can plug it in but how easy is it ?? let's say I have 4 of my friends just plug in controllers and start playing PES.

2. Okay, on console, register/login, update if needed, insert disk, download patch if needed, play, On PC, build it, install windows, install drivers, test the PC, install steam or whatever, register/login , download games, play.

4. They already got the money, the re seller buys the game, someone buys the game from the re seller, person who bought the game sells it to the same or another re seller, I go and buy the used game, nothing like pirating, please let's keep this civil and be nice to each other,

5. Yes but how much time will that take, you will have to diagnose the PC and try to figure out what's wrong, with a console call Sony or live chat or whatever and your problem will be solved very quickly, pay first ??? twice as long ??? if my PS4 breaks I will go to the re seller and replace it in few hours.

6. Yeah those free games I paid for but they are great tittles and additional discounts/deals.

A PC may have pros but consoles do also and people can form different opinions and a console may fit there needs more than a PC would.

1. All of them will be supported

2. That's called being lazy as hell, plus you can pay a few dollars to have it setup for you in many shops

3. Whatever you meant it's irrelevant, we can play all of that no issues except for PS3

4. YOu have no idea how cheaply I can find used pc games (I saw tomb raider 2013 for €1,50 for example). In both used and new the PC is cheaper

5. Diagnosing takes very little time and the part can be replaced in days, the last 2 times I sent my 360 and ps3 in for repairs it took them 1 damn month. ANd I could do nothing with it whereas if my GPU breaks I can still browse the web and play light games thanks to iGPU's.

6. Discounts such as what, 15%? 30%? We are sitting on a platform that has $30-35 price tags on AAA games that are yet to be released, PS4 does not do discounts like that

7. It has happened numerous times for me on my PS3 and 360

We're not saying a console has no pros, we are saying that most of the pros you listed are not pros or they are pretty meh AT BEST when compared to what PC gets

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

You must love washed out textures at 4k, wheras my trinitron gives far superior imagary hiding the PS2 flaws at 480p scaled perfect through Component HD leads on real HW.

Texures are fine , look again.

BBSComparison_zpsd29ab547.png

rose2again3.jpg

Do you dual shock 4 m8 ??

Try to use all the features of dual shock 4 on your PC, if you can tell me I would like to do the same.

All the features, no

Still dual shock 3 with all the features though which is damn near identical. YOu miss only 2 things

Texures are fine , look again.

BBSComparison_zpsd29ab547.png

cartoon style always looks great rwgardless of texture res simply due to colours and art style.

cartoon style always looks great rwgardless of texture res simply due to colours and art style.

rose2again3.jpg

You sound like ubisoft sir.

Low resolution is more "cinematic"

Low framerate is more "cinematic"

Come on.

1. All of them will be supported

2. That's called being lazy as hell, plus you can pay a few dollars to have it setup for you in many shops

3. Whatever you meant it's irrelevant, we can play all of that no issues except for PS3

4. YOu have no idea how cheaply I can find used pc games (I saw tomb raider 2013 for €1,50 for example). In both used and new the PC is cheaper

5. Diagnosing takes very little time and the part can be replaced in days, the last 2 times I sent my 360 and ps3 in for repairs it took them 1 damn month. ANd I could do nothing with it whereas if my GPU breaks I can still browse the web and play light games thanks to iGPU's.

6. Discounts such as what, 15%? 30%? We are sitting on a platform that has $30-35 price tags on AAA games that are yet to be released, PS4 does not do discounts like that

7. It has happened numerous times for me on my PS3 and 360

We're not saying a console has no pros, we are saying that most of the pros you listed are not pros or they are pretty meh AT BEST when compared to what PC gets

1. Supported yes, easy no.

2. Nope that's called being straight forward and simple, you may also call people who use widgets lazy, yes you can but that's called being lazy isn't it ??

3. Tell me did you pay for the games you play with those emulators ?? also no Wii U, 360, PS3 emulator.

4. Very nice.

5. 1 month, few hours for me when my PS2 broke.

6. More like 50%-70% even 80%.

7. Your experience on consoles is just horrible, your actually the first person I met that had game crashes on console.

They may be M3H in our opinion but they are pros for me, I said PC has more pros and it's pros are great but sometimes it just wont make sense to buy a PC for gaming.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

All the features, no

Still dual shock 3 with all the features though which is damn near identical. YOu miss only 2 things

Plugging my headphone into my controller and playing is a freaking amazing feature, that touch comes comes in handy.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

rose2again3.jpg

You sound like ubisoft sir.

Low resolution is more "cinematic"

Low framerate is more "cinematic"

Come on.

I know you dont quite understand as when you had PS2 HW you more than likey used normal AV leads, Component is superior by like 50x, res increase only makes it sharper and makes textures look wrong at such high res, ad i said i use a HD trinitron tube TV which hides all the crap you are telling me, full RGB colour throughput and separated video makes for massive differences in petson, a HDTV/monitor shows all the flaws aswell as high res.

1. pes 2015 plug in and play with x360 controllers.

2.No, on PC just install os, drivers, download game, and play, no need to deal with disk or blow into cartridge.

3.I can play ps2 games on PC at 4k 60fps.

Ps4 can't.

And I'm pretty sure ps4 can't play vast majority of ps3 games either so that is pointless.

4.No, you buying used game = they get no money. It's incredibly unreasonable to justify purchase of used games with that kind of "reason" because I can just say someone else paid for that copy so I can pirate it and ot's alright because devs already got the money...because amount of money getting to devs is the same.

5.Sony "livechat"...? You don't need to go through livechat with yourself and google. That is assuming you know what you are doing, if not...there are pc repair services you can call up, and they are probably local.

6.Great titles? Subjective at best. Still not worth more than $5 each, such as tombraider. AND you lose them if you don't keep paying...so you are basically renting games... Additional discounts? Show me where they are competitive with PC sales such as humble bundle?

7.Just because it didn't happen to you that does not mean it didn't happen...

GdVoIrL.jpg

vey261n.pngConsoles just work, right?

You probably don't play long enough or enough games to find out that console has had bugs since many years ago...

Again, opinion does not matter. Otherwise console is shit and you can't prove otherwise.

You can't spell console without "con."

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

The textures look just fine at that res on a computer monitor lol.

I linked a lot of videos proving that and i play ps2 games at high resolutions every day.

Running vice city stories at 4x native resolution at the moment.

I can even put it at 6x without a frame rate hit since the cpu is usually the bottleneck in ps2 games.

1. Supported yes, easy no.

2. Nope that's called being straight forward and simple, you may also call people who use widgets lazy, yes you can but that's called being lazy isn't it ??

3. Tell me did you pay for the games you play with those emulators ?? also no Wii U, 360, PS3 emulator.

4. Very nice.

5. 1 month, few hours for me when my PS2 broke.

6. More like 50%-70% even 80%.

7. Your experience on consoles is just horrible, your actually the first person I met that had game crashes on console.

They may be M3H in our opinion but they are pros for me, I said PC has more pros and it's pros are great but sometimes it just wont make sense to buy a PC for gaming.

1. Plug and play, been there done that. Yes it's easy

2. The last part of that sentence does not make sense but not willing to do a bit of work for better graphics, superior input (Yes superior because we have both KB/M and controllers) is just plain lazy.

3. No Wii u/360/PS3 emulator, maybe because someone has not done it yet? I never said, NOBODY said, we had ALL the consoles on emulator, "just" the older ones. Whether I paid for them is besides the point, we have access to them WHICH IS THE POINT!

4. Exactly, Consoles will never beat PC in prices, ever

5. Then you got lucky because all I hear/experience is that it takes ages

6. I've yet to see discounts like that and I have a PS4 (for exclusives)

7. And I'm not the only one to have had them. I have a few "Peasant" friends that have the occasional crash

Also there are really only 2 reasons for a console that I can think of that the PC does not overpower (Does not automatically mean the PC does not have it):

- Exclusives that you care about (This one is irrefutable)

- You want ease of use without the need to read 5 minutes into how to do it on the PC

Plugging my headphone into my controller and playing is a freaking amazing feature

How is this a noteworthy feature when it's literally just as easy as plugging it on in the pc

I know you dont quite understand as when you had PS2 HW you more than likey used normal AV leads, Component is superior by like 50x, res increase only makes it sharper and makes textures look wrong at such high res, ad i said i use a HD trinitron tube TV which hides all the crap you are telling me, full RGB colour throughput and separated video makes for massive differences in petson, a HDTV/monitor shows all the flaws aswell as high res.

You are the one who does not understand the fact that PC can force AA and AF for better quality in any case.

It's not just better res and fps.

Source: I had PS2 and still have games on emulator, such as FF12 which looked great.

It may look wrong to you(not cinematic enough) but not to anyone else.

The textures look just fine at that res on a computer monitor lol.

I linked a lot of videos proving that and i play ps2 games at high resolutions every day.

Running vice city stories at 4x native resolution at the moment.

I can even put it at 6x without a frame rate hit since the cpu is usually the bottleneck in ps2 games.

Lol i run Pcsx2 myself yet i prefer real HW, not all effects can be emulated either.

5000x10000px-LL-88babf50_ergerge.png

Lol i run Pcsx2 myself yet i prefer real HW, not all effects can be emulated either.

5000x10000px-LL-88babf50_ergerge.png

lol re4.

You do realize there is a much better PC version?

If you wanted the vaseline-in-eye effect, you could just turn internal res down...

I dont understand how you prefer 480p to 4k resolution lol.

I never had problems with graphical artficats.

I seriously dont understand how someone who games on the pc prefers to play at a lower resolution with no AA.

hqdefault.jpg

If you want to play RE4  play the HD release on the pc ;#