Cryorig R1 Universal on Asus X99 Deluxe?

Hi everyone, I just have a quick compatibility question.

I have an Asus X99 Deluxe motherboard, and I want to put a Cryorig R1 Universal on it. My only problem is that I have high profile memory, and I need the slots on both sides of the motherboard. Will the cooler cover up those ram slots? I have Patriot Viper Xtreme DDR4 if that helps. Thanks! 

Who says vanity is dead... maxsoley.com

Hi,

The R1 series has this problem, by dodging the RAM in front causes the fins stacks to cover the back RAM DIMMs on X99 and X79 platforms.  That's why Zero Ram Interference is only stated for LGA115x/1366 and 775 + AMD platforms.  Where on LGA2011, we recommend 30~32mm standard RAM with no heatspreaders.  This was a design feature we had to give in to when we designed the R1. This year we are coming out with something new that will give X99 and X79 full RAM capacity, but it will not come out anytime soon.  

Hi,

The R1 series has this problem, by dodging the RAM in front causes the fins stacks to cover the back RAM DIMMs on X99 and X79 platforms.  That's why Zero Ram Interference is only stated for LGA115x/1366 and 775 + AMD platforms.  Where on LGA2011, we recommend 30~32mm standard RAM with no heatspreaders.  This was a design feature we had to give in to when we designed the R1. This year we are coming out with something new that will give X99 and X79 full RAM capacity, but it will not come out anytime soon.  

You work for Cryorig?

Is that AF-41 in your avatar ever going into production? My R1 Ultimate needs an upgrade :P

I was really excited about the "ExtremeTurboJetSuperPentaPropellerHyperPropulsionSystem" :D seems like a really nice feature

On a serious note, you guys have a new cooler planned? Can you say anything else about it or are you pretty NDA?

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

My lips are sealed about the AF41 regarding any blueprints and testing that may or may not be going on behind closed doors somewhere in campus CRYORIG.  You will not hear anything of the "ExtremeTurboJetSuperPentaPropellerHyperPropulsionSystem" !

Also, yes we are working on at least three to six new items.  All which will be announced during Computex.  One of them is tailor made for X99 and X79, but none of these are the successor of the R1.  The X99 and X79 one, will be a new series by itself.  Ooo the awesomeness that we have in store!

Also, I don't work for CRYORIG,   I AM THE AF41, I AM CRYORIG!!!!

JK, yeah I work at CRYORIG~ 

My lips are sealed about the AF41 regarding any blueprints and testing that may or may not be going on behind closed doors somewhere in campus CRYORIG.  You will not hear anything of the "ExtremeTurboJetSuperPentaPropellerHyperPropulsionSystem" !

Also, yes we are working on at least three to six new items.  All which will be announced during Computex.  One of them is tailor made for X99 and X79, but none of these are the successor of the R1.  The X99 and X79 one, will be a new series by itself.  Ooo the awesomeness that we have in store!

Also, I don't work for CRYORIG,   I AM THE AF41, I AM CRYORIG!!!!

JK, yeah I work at CRYORIG~ 

So there will be a high performance CPU cooler designed for X99, to accommodate all RAM slots on an X99 board? When will it be released? 

Who says vanity is dead... maxsoley.com

Yes, it will be a high-end heatsink with RAM compatibility front and back.  I can't say how much compatibility yet, but it will be better than the 30~35mm of the R1 Series.  Release time is uncertain, but most likely 2nd half of 2015.  

• 11 months later...

Yes, it will be a high-end heatsink with RAM compatibility front and back.  I can't say how much compatibility yet, but it will be better than the 30~35mm of the R1 Series.  Release time is uncertain, but most likely 2nd half of 2015.  

Hello,

what´s about the release? I´m going to build a x99-System and a R1 is some of my first options, but only if the compatibility to the 8 RAM Slots an the first PCIe-Slot is given.

you should probably talk to the mods/admins, and become part of the industry affiliate "group", like Captain_WD for Western Digital. not entirely sure how the process works though.

Loving my R1 Ultimate btw.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+