Galaxy S3 Problems

laurenceeyre

Hi guys,

My Samsung galaxy s 3 had just broken again for the 3rd time in months, each time it is making me more angry; I take it to the repair shop, they mend it, then after a few weeks of blissful full functionality it decides to break again...the person in the shop said that Samsung never give out actual new replacement handsets, so im dreading another year stuck with this phone, constantly breaking. To be precise the first time the phone died completely, no turning on or anything, and the past two times it has randomly turned off then when you try and turn it back on it gets stuck in boot at the Samsung logo.

Wondering if anyone else is having issues like this and if anyone else has got better customer service from Samsung then just a repair which doesn't seem to work properly.

I know Slick uses a S3 and I think he has only has problems with battery life...so maybe its the internation version.

System - Bulldozer 8150, Crosshair V Formula, Radeon 7770, 8Gb Corsair Vengeance, Corsair Rm450

This is one of those topics that review sites or videos never actually mention.  It is also something I'm amazed that more people don't care about until it happens to them.  This is one of the reasons why I still buy iPhone over the mostly superior Android.  Because of AppleCare, and physical stores that will on-the-stop fix/exchange your iPhone.

I'd say try to get a hold of Samsung support to get it properly fixed, otherwise, you are kind of just boned.  If boned, I'd recommend not spending your money on Samsung anymore.

You can try saying something about reporting to the BBB and they might take you more serious (this may be useless advice if you are outside US, not sure).

This is one of those topics that review sites or videos never actually mention. It is also something I'm amazed that more people don't care about until it happens to them. This is one of the reasons why I still buy iPhone over the mostly superior Android. Because of AppleCare, and physical stores that will on-the-stop fix/exchange your iPhone.

I'd say try to get a hold of Samsung support to get it properly fixed, otherwise, you are kind of just boned. If boned, I'd recommend not spending your money on Samsung anymore.

You can try saying something about reporting to the BBB and they might take you more serious (this may be useless advice if you are outside US, not sure).

BBB?, by the way I already contact my carrier orange (im in the uk) and I now have £10 off every month because the orginal time it broke it took 4 weeks to be mended...but I rely on my phone and can no longer trust it, when I got it it didn't pass my mind that it would break, and yeah there seem to be lots of posts about it, but no review sites mention it.

System - Bulldozer 8150, Crosshair V Formula, Radeon 7770, 8Gb Corsair Vengeance, Corsair Rm450

I take it to my local repair shop that is a Samsung one,but never directly contacted Samsung, I will try.

Yeah, do that, when I'd gotten my Tab 7.7, I'd noticed dust within the screen after a couple of months of use. Took it directly to a Samsung service center, they took one look at it and promised to replace the entire screen, a process that takes about 2 hours, so I went and caught a movie, headed to the service center and my Tab 7.7 was all ready. They did a bang up job btw, just needed to check that my set was covered by warranty and it was a done deal. That was the only time I'd had to go to the service center as it was the only Samsung device I have that was faulty, and I have owned several Samsung devices these past few years. Beginning with a Galaxy ACE, an S2, the Tab 7.7, and S3 and now an S4.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2