Crashing. Lenovo y5070 please help

Go to solution Solved by Ashley Williams-King,

I did a firmware update on the BIOS and a repair on the intel rapid storage, seems to have fixed the problem.

thanks for the help guys

Hey guys

i was hoping i could get some help. i recently got a Lenovo y5070

Intel i7 4710HQ 

8GB ram

nVidia Geforce GTX 860m 4GB

1TB Seagate Laptop SSHD

I have been having a problem with my laptop crashing. I cloned the drive the day i got the laptop so i'm not sure if it is a cloning issue or if it is a hardware issue. the laptop will stop responding and then it will bring up a screen saying windows has encountered an issue and needs to restart. it will restart going and then show screen 1. prompting to use PXE over IPv4. if you press escape it goes to screen 2 saying boot failed and if you press ok it goes back to screen 1 and it will just loop like that.

today i was playing dota 2 and it froze then showed screen 3 saying data was not placed into memory. it then restarted and scanned and repaired the disk drive C. 

Please advice.

Thanks

post-165026-0-20132600-1421073449_thumb.

post-165026-0-80128400-1421073456_thumb.

post-165026-0-27485400-1421073481_thumb.

post-165026-0-47036200-1421074644_thumb.

post-165026-0-46770900-1421074652_thumb.

post-165026-0-39776700-1421074699_thumb.

Run chkdsk and reset the BIOS.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Looks like the cloning failed  also set the hdd as first boot device in the bios.

Looks like the cloning failed  also set the hdd as first boot device in the bios.

what could i do if cloning failed?

Did you clone another onto that laptop's drive? If yes, then did you re install Lenovo specific drivers?
Is it the same drive the laptop came with or is it a different drive?
What software did you use for the cloning?

I'd swap back in the original drive. If the problem stops I'd try re cloning the drive. If the SSHD still doesn't work with the new image on it contact Lenovo to see if that type of drive is supported. I tried to find info on their site but it is pretty basic stuff like amount of USB ports. There was a person i was helping a bit back who's laptop only supported 750 GB hard drives or 1 TB SSDs but not a 1 TB HDD. So it would be a good idea to rule out any odd stuff like that from Lenovo. If they say the drive is good then maybe try the SSHD in another PC. If the problem continues on a completely new PC I'd get in contact with Seagate over an RMA.

I'd swap back in the original drive. If the problem stops I'd try re cloning the drive. If the SSHD still doesn't work with the new image on it contact Lenovo to see if that type of drive is supported. I tried to find info on their site but it is pretty basic stuff like amount of USB ports. There was a person i was helping a bit back who's laptop only supported 750 GB hard drives or 1 TB SSDs but not a 1 TB HDD. So it would be a good idea to rule out any odd stuff like that from Lenovo. If they say the drive is good then maybe try the SSHD in another PC. If the problem continues on a completely new PC I'd get in contact with Seagate over an RMA.

Thanks for the advice. think i'll take it to a friend of mine to check it out

I'm looking at either a clone failure or memory failure.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I did a firmware update on the BIOS and a repair on the intel rapid storage, seems to have fixed the problem.

thanks for the help guys