How to get a controller working in games that don't have support?

I just recently picked up CoD Modern Warfare 2 and realized it doesn't have controller support even though as I understand it, it's a console port. But that aside, are there any 3rd party software available that would work? Preferably free software if possible! Thanks 

Evil exists where good men fail to act.

I just recently picked up CoD Modern Warfare 2 and realized it doesn't have controller support even though as I understand it, it's a console port. But that aside, are there any 3rd party software available that would work? Preferably free software if possible! Thanks 

Xpadder or JoytoKey

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Depends on the controller.

I know the PS4 controller is fine with DS4 Tool and the PS3 controller is fine with DS3 or Better DS3.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I use x360ce for games that have xbox controller support.

If the game has no controller support try xpadder or Joy2Key

pinnacle game profile is another option, i think its like $8 so its not a free option but also not an expensive one

Xpadder or JoytoKey

joy to key worked but had a lot of issues plus didn't register triggers and xpadder isn't free so I didn't try it

Depends on the controller.

I know the PS4 controller is fine with DS4 Tool and the PS3 controller is fine with DS3 or Better DS3.

I'm using an X360 controller so I'm not sure if those would work...

joy to key worked but had a lot of issues plus didn't register triggers and xpadder isn't free so I didn't try it

I'm using an X360 controller so I'm not sure if those would work...

did you remember to turn on 8 axis?

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

did you remember to turn on 8 axis?

I think I've turned it on now but the triggers still aren't registering as anything... they show as being pressed on the z axis but I have no way of access that through the "buttons" menu area