Warp PCB=GPU Overheat

Excon

2crsyoj.png

Here you can see its clearly bent/ warped is this causing excess heat because the heat sink isn't in full contact with the GPU? it idles at 47 stock speeds and 49 at 1250mhz on the core at 1.319 volts and 1375mhz at 1.675 volts on the ram so i dont think its my over clock doing it my case has good airflow with 2 intake and 3 exhaust these temps where with the side panel off. Is it worth trying to RMA the card ive had it since November at first it didnt seem warped and i had great temps but over time they have gotten worse and worse. or might it be something else causing the heat? The card is a MSI Hawk 7870

2crsyoj.png

Here you can see its clearly bent/ warped is this causing excess heat because the heat sink isn't in full contact with the GPU? it idles at 47 stock speeds and 49 at 1250mhz on the core at 1.319 volts and 1375mhz at 1.675 volts on the ram so i dont think its my over clock doing it my case has good airflow with 2 intake and 3 exhaust these temps where with the side panel off. Is it worth trying to RMA the card ive had it since November at first it didnt seem warped and i had great temps but over time they have gotten worse and worse. or might it be something else causing the heat? The card is a MSI Hawk 7870

Your temps are fine.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Correction idle at 50 with fans at 100% those temps are not normal.

Correction idle at 50 with fans at 100% those temps are not normal.

I misread what you said. Yeah. The cooler isn't in complete contact with the GPU. That's causing the high temps.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch