Question for all the Techies here

CrzyChinook

ok ive talk to my buddies at the office .. but no one here seems to have the knowledge ..pop2.gif

so ill throw out to you guys and see what i get back..

ive built a mini ITX .. with a P8Z77-I Mobo.. and i I7 Ivy Bridge 3770k which come with integrated Intel HD graphics 4000. plus i have a Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 TI.. with this i have dual 24inch wide screen Dell monitors..

my question is.. should i hook both monitors up to the Nvidia card via DVI or... should i plug one in to my Graphics card and one in on the Mobo and utilize my integrated CPU Chip for the secondary screen?

i only really game on one screen.. so would it benefit from each monitor being split to a different source that it is plugged into or would it be better for the graphics to be handled with the graphics card solely?

ive goggled it and really cant get a solid answer on this...help.gif

PC SPECIFICATIONS: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor  3.70 GHz ; MSI B550G Edge Wi-Fi ATX ; 16gb (2x8gb)  Kingston FURY Beast DDR4-3600 RGB ; MSI GeForce RTX 3060 3x12gb ;  darkFlash Phantom with Custom Phanteks D-RGB 120 (6EA) ; Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition ; 1tb M.2 Kingston , 2tb Seagate Barricuda, 4 TB Seagate ; Corsair Gaming Series GS700W

PERIPHERALS:Razer BlackWidow V3 ;  Razer DeathAdder V2 Pro ;  Razer Leviathan V2 X

TABLET: Ipad 12.9 Pro  PHONE: Iphone 12

From memory the P8Z77 boards will run the motherboard video outputs off the graphics card anyway. Well at least that's how the higher end P8Z77's are..

If nothing else, try both and see what works best?

Yes it will because you'll be transferring half the pixels to the cpu and they won't load the gpu while gaming, this usually means minor improvements in Fps, even though they won't be noticeable with higer end cards, if you're using the second one only for web browsing or documents exc. i higly recommend hooking it up to the mobo ;-)

yeah i kinda thought as much since my connections i have are 2 x DVI's , and 1 x MiniHdmi on the graphics card alone... then my mobo has 1 full hdmi, 1 DVI, and 1 Display port... i first started with both monitors which are the dells off of the Graphics card.. but the switched one dvi off the MoBo and one DVI off the card(this one is my primary).. so when i game its off the card but when im opening up on both monitors my secondary is the integrated chip from the cpu off the Mobo.. i looking for what would be better .... i really not seeing much differnce

PC SPECIFICATIONS: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor  3.70 GHz ; MSI B550G Edge Wi-Fi ATX ; 16gb (2x8gb)  Kingston FURY Beast DDR4-3600 RGB ; MSI GeForce RTX 3060 3x12gb ;  darkFlash Phantom with Custom Phanteks D-RGB 120 (6EA) ; Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition ; 1tb M.2 Kingston , 2tb Seagate Barricuda, 4 TB Seagate ; Corsair Gaming Series GS700W

PERIPHERALS:Razer BlackWidow V3 ;  Razer DeathAdder V2 Pro ;  Razer Leviathan V2 X

TABLET: Ipad 12.9 Pro  PHONE: Iphone 12

Both monitor should be plugged on the same graphic card. It will save you headaches, and doing them separate with 2 different graphic card provides no benefits, unless you want to to down-clock your graphic or do crazy overclocking.