Left Handed Bias

TKFT

What is the deal with left handed computer peripherals. It always seems that left handed peripherals are either sub-par replacements of their right handed counter parts or more expensive. You typical have a limited selection, and if you want a true left-handed device not ambidextrous it is almost no existent, with usually less futures then a typical right handed device. This is less prevalent in mice but still exists. It would be nice if you could get a Corsiar M45 mouse or something similar in a lefty config. But the real problem exists when trying to find specialty peripherals like hotas and headphones. I have yet to find a single lefty specific hotas and lefty headphones are just random luck when a manufacturer makes them. So what I ask of my fellow left handers is what are some of your favorites lefty peripherals and if anyone has found a left handed hotas.

Lefty headphones? Also 95% or lefty people use right handed computer mice and keyboards

Really doesn't make a difference to me (im a proud lefty)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I'm a lefty and I use ambidextrous peripherals... The standard keyboard layout (not the dvorak one) is slightly biased for lefties... If you may notice... The left hand pushes more keys than the right in most words...

Lefty headphones? Also 95% or lefty people use right handed computer mice and keyboards

Really doesn't make a difference to me (im a proud lefty)

Exactly.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Never heard of lefty headphones, please link one.

what is a hota?

What I mean by lefty headphones is headphones that have the cable coming out the right side. When using a mouse on the left hand side I find the cable quite annoying.

Hotas = Hands On Throttle And Stick.

I know many lefties use right hand stuff but why should they have to. I my self use many right hand things but I like using lefty mice much more. 

I'm a lefty and I use a right handed mouse. Have so my whole life

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Am I the only person that really prefers to use their mouse lefty if its an option. I have used plenty of mice right hand but that is usually by force not chioce

I'm a lefty and I use a right handed mouse. Have so my whole life

I actually once saw a ambidextrous mouse and thought it felt totally awkward to hold with my left hand!

LEFTIES UNITE!

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I actually once saw a ambidextrous mouse and thought it felt totally awkward to hold with my left hand!

LEFTIES UNITE!

Exactly. Most righties don't chose ambidextrous mice because they just aren't comfortable so why should lefties be forced with this a solution. 

left-hander-club-front.png

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

Exactly. Most righties don't chose ambidextrous mice because they just aren't comfortable so why should lefties be forced with this a solution.

But most lefties use right handed stuff

I mean the majority of people are righties.

Also, your brain can adapt to using the other hand for the mouse, in some countries babies are forced to be righties and they are basically completely changed. So why can't lefties sacrifice a little time for adjustment? I mean it's just a mouse. There are people who have nothing but live a happy simple life!

But most lefties use right handed stuff I mean the majority of people are righties. Also, your brain can adapt to using the other hand for the mouse, in some countries babies are forced to be righties and they are basically completely changed. So why can't lefties sacrifice a little time for adjustment? I mean it's just a mouse. There are people who have nothing but live a happy simple life!

My grandpa was a leftie. He was beaten at the Catholic school he went to because they thought it was unnatural or something. Forced him to write with his right hand.

I'm a really weird lefty. I write with my left, and throw with my left but almost everything else is done with my right. I open bottles, kick balls (sport balls, you pervs), and do a lot of other general day-to-day things with my right hand

But most lefties use right handed stuff I mean the majority of people are righties. Also, your brain can adapt to using the other hand for the mouse, in some countries babies are forced to be righties and they are basically completely changed. So why can't lefties sacrifice a little time for adjustment? I mean it's just a mouse. There are people who have nothing but live a happy simple life!

Adept yes you can adept to do almost anything with your non-dominate hand including writing with enough practice but the problem with that is you will never be as good as you are with your left unless you are just naturaly ambidextrous. I am just better with using my mouse in my left hand and while I can use it my right I will probably never be as good. Also that would suck to be forced to change, I know that used to be a problem even in the US 40-50 years ago

Hey, at least lefties are no longer believed to be demons in disguise or practitioners of black magic...

But the lack of lefty or ambidextrous tools especially in schools has essentially the same effect in forcing people to become righties. I felt like shit every time we had to use scissors in school because I couldn't cut and they would always just go sideways and the other kids thought I was retarded and couldn't use scissors and laughed.