Noiseblocker eloop's in pull = jet like noise.

vong

So I've got some eloops that I had in push and there were pretty silent, but now I've got them in pull and they give off a jet like noise at medium  and high speed although they're fine at low speed. I did read they had this issue but wasn't thinking about using them in pull at the time of purchase.

Noiseblocker say adding a spacer between the fan and rad will get rid of the noise and I'm just wandering if anybody can confirm this.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Well what I know is that those fans are really optimized for push. The fan blade is right at the top of the fan, which means it will be very close to a rad surface if mounted in pull. That may lead in a very annoying noise because of the turbulence between the mesh and the fan blades. To even it out, I'd try to use at least "one fan thick" spacer...

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

The problem is the blades are almost slipping out of the frame, meaning that if the fan is in touch with something (on that side) the blade will be touching  it, and creating a lot of noise as well as under-perform.

If you use rubber spacers like we can see on some WC build logs, this problem goes away.

Well what I know is that those fans are really optimized for push. The fan blade is right at the top of the fan, which means it will be very close to a rad surface if mounted in pull. That may lead in a very annoying noise because of the turbulence between the mesh and the fan blades. To even it out, I'd try to use at least "one fan thick" spacer...

I'm using an ETX rad so there's a bit on room between the blades and fins.

The problem is the blades are almost slipping out of the frame, meaning that if the fan is in touch with something (on that side) the blade will be touching  it, and creating a lot of noise as well as under-perform.

If you use rubber spacers like we can see on some WC build logs, this problem goes away.

I'm using the rubber spacers with them, still makes the noise.

Just want to if anybody's has used a spacer with these fans before I spend some money.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

The included noise dampening spacers don't solve the issue of these fans in pull, you need an actual gasket. Is that what you meant?

Yep, like a plastic,acrylic or rubber 'shroud' I guess is what they're called. Like this http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_72&products_id=23531

XSPC makes decent gaskets in most rad sizes if that's available over there.

There's this http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=22352&cPath=1366

Noiseblocker say a spacer between 5-10mm will make the noise disappear.

Should I just bite the bullet and get some of those phobya ones?

There's this http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=22352&cPath=1366

Noiseblocker say a spacer between 5-10mm will make the noise disappear.

Should I just bite the bullet and get some of those phobya ones?

What is an ETX rad? Did you mean EK XTX? Depending on the rad in question and how big of a shell it has, you may well be satisfied by the phobya ones. This should have been in the watercooling section imo, more people may have helped out then,

What is an ETX rad? Did you mean EK XTX? Depending on the rad in question and how big of a shell it has, you may well be satisfied by the phobya ones. This should have been in the watercooling section imo, more people may have helped out then,

Ah, yes the XTX rad. Alright, if you think it'll work. Do you think I could have the same issue with the fans on the bottom of the case in push (sucking air through the bottom grill)?

I was going to post it in the watercooling section but I thought air was more appropriate because I'm talking about fans.

If a mod sees this can you please move it to the watercooling section.

I unfortunately don't have any experience with the XTX rads :(

It should not be as bad in the case bottom with filters but again can't be sure!

Alrighty, thanks for the help :)