Does this slow response time?

Apothem
Go to solution Solved by Liam-McShane,

the cable i have is the dvi single link, the things im plugging into are all dual link, same with the 7970 card in the mail

You will have no problem running that cable at 1080p. Anything higher and you will need a dual link DVI cable. The dual link just has a higher bandwidth :)

On my monitor i have a dvi port that has the full row of pins, same with my graphics card coming, the cable i have is the one that is missing some in the middle. its compatiable and works but is it not as powerful or something?

The cable will only work with digital signals. I believe the pins that are missing are for analog signals(DVI to VGA). If you don't plan on using it(and you shouldn't), then nothing to worry about.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The cable will only work with digital signals. I believe the pins that are missing are for analog signals(DVI to VGA). If you don't plan on using it(and you shouldn't), then nothing to worry about.

plan on using it for what? i just want to go dvi to dvi, 

The DVI to VGA adapter. Since you're going DVI to DVI, you have nothing to worry about.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

dvi-vs-hdmi.jpg 

DVI_pinout.png

If you are using at 1080p, your are good to go sir. Those pin are for dual link signal. If you want to use at 1440p/1600p, you will need a new cable. Make sure that it's a Dual Link one.

Which cable do you have from this list?.181px-DVI_Connector_Types.svg.png

the cable i have is the dvi single link, the things im plugging into are all dual link, same with the 7970 card in the mail

You will have no problem running that cable at 1080p. Anything higher and you will need a dual link DVI cable. The dual link just has a higher bandwidth :)

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

Wrong missing pins :P was thinking of the ones that only carry the analog signal.

thanks a lot man!