Monitor for less then 300 dollars

shirokado

Well I broke my old monitor(benq gw2450) so i need a new monitor.

I'd like it to be under 300 dollars. cheaper the better

Ips display

24inchs-27inches

i like single monitor setups better. so anywhere from 24 inches to 27 inches is fine.

resollution i don't think matters much, im going to switch my gpu setup to a 780 3GB SLI soon if that matters.

I'd also like the monitor to be either matte, aluminum, or glass is that's not asking too much. 

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

whats your local retailer? or are you good with ordering online?

Also what are you looking for 120hz or IPS? I personally would go with IPS because I really like the viewing angles the fact its not a TN panel and the color depth.

Also what are you looking for 120hz or IPS? I personally would go with IPS because I really like the viewing angles the fact its not a TN panel and the color depth.

he stated ips in the op :)

well i'd like to order from amazon if possible, but im fine with NCIX newegg, and etc. w/e can offer fast shipping for free.

and the closest computer store i have is frys electronics, which is a 30 minute drive, or a bestbuy which is a 25 minute drive.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

well i'd like to order from amazon if possible, but im fine with NCIX newegg, and etc. w/e can offer fast shipping for free.

ok give me a little bit to find a few options for you

Got it sorry I hadn't read that I must of read to fast through the pst. Well personally I would go with the monitor I currently have the PB239Q. Sure you could get cheaper quality however with your budget I feel you should definately at least consider this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236292

Reasons why:

+IPS

+Decent refresh Rate

+Matte Finish

+Every input under the sun DP, VGA, DVI, HDMI

+Stand

+rotate

+pivot

+swivel

+ARR Service: When your monitor has an issue or breaks and you need to RMA. ASUS will pay for you to ship it to them and at the same time they will ship you a new monitor while its been shipped to them.

Got it sorry I hadn't read that I must of read to fast through the pst. Well personally I would go with the monitor I currently have the PB239Q. Sure you could get cheaper quality however with your budget I feel you should definately at least consider this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236292

Reasons why:

+IPS

+Decent refresh Rate

+Matte Finish

+Stand

+rotate

+pivot

+swivel

+ARR Service: When your monitor has an issue or breaks and you need to RMA. ASUS will pay for you to ship it to them and at the same time they will ship you a new monitor while its been shipped to them.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-H236HL-bid-23-Inch-Widescreen/dp/B00AZMLIDQ

I am going to get this but sadly it is glossy, you still might like it.

not quite 24 inches. 23 inches just feels small to me... i know its only 1 inch difference but i just notice the size difference.

I'd take a look then at this one its a little bit over budget but it fits the bill and its 1920x1200 so you'll get more pixels.

PA248Q this monitor has something special its been pre calibrated meaning someone used a tool on it to calibrate the colors to be perfect :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236287&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Yea that is a pretty good price for a IPS panel. I just question the quality of LG products of late. I've purchased my fair share over the last few years and while they've worked they haven't lasted long. From monitors, to dishwashers, to fridge, to washer, to a drier quality control isn't there strong suite.

Asus makes a cheaper IPS 24 inch panel just thought to show you the higher quality one first but here is the one with no frills just screen and normal stand.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236331

Wrek though you have to ask yourself this question though. There has to be a reason why a 27 inch panel would be 300 dollars or less. It just begs to question the quality of the panel. LG puts out cheap product and in the end it may pan out that you strike it good and you have no issues but in the end I just don't see it being the best option. I would rather spend 300 on a high end 24 inch panel then a low end 27 inch panel because size on monitors isn't always everything.