NH-D14 on Corsair Vengeance RAM

minus

I am planning to buy an NH-D14 but according to Noctua's site, it won't be compatible with my 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance.

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz97xgaming3

this RAM

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-memory-cmz8gx3m2a1600c9

and a Corsair 300r

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-case-300r

Would this be able to house an NH-D14?

Im not sure about the case, check the measurements.

However that ram will not work with that cooler. Get Corsair Vengeance LP.

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

Im not sure about the case, check the measurements.

However that ram will not work with that cooler. Get Corsair Vengeance LP.

Too bad I already have the non LP :( If i removed that heatsink, would that affect the performance of the RAM?

Too bad I already have the non LP :( If i removed that heatsink, would that affect the performance of the RAM?

Nope, be careful though. I pulled a ram chip off when i removed my Vengeance heat spreaders.

Using either a heat gun or a hairdryer may help.

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

Nope, be careful though. I pulled a ram chip off when i removed my Vengeance heat spreaders.

Using either a heat gun or a hairdryer may help.

now im scared. dang, any alternatives for massive overclocking? Something near NH D-14 performance, and being air cooled? Would Dark Rock Pro 3 be sufficient?

now im scared. dang, any alternatives for massive overclocking? Something near NH D-14 performance, and being air cooled? Would Dark Rock Pro 3 be sufficient?

Why not the D-15? It seems to be compatible with your case height-wise, and has the RAM cutout sections on the cooler.

The dark rock 3 won't work with your ram, I had the same problem and got the NH-U14s, its performance is very close to the D14 anyway. I really really recommend it as its the quietest noctua cooler and performs amazingly.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Why not the D-15? It seems to be compatible with your case height-wise, and has the RAM cutout sections on the cooler.

D-15s are not yet available in my country, sadly.

The dark rock 3 won't work with your ram, I had the same problem and got the NH-U14s, its performance is very close to the D14 anyway. I really really recommend it as its the quietest noctua cooler and performs amazingly.

Is it possible to mount the D14 vertically (fans poiinting upwards not left or right) and if that way the rad will still interfere with the RAM?

D-15s are not yet available in my country, sadly.

Is it possible to mount the D14 vertically (fans poiinting upwards not left or right) and if that way the rad will still interfere with the RAM?

Yeah it will still interfere with your ram, You'll be surprised at how big the D14 actually is. Trust me you won't be disappointed with the U14s, that is your best bet here.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Can't you get the nh-d14 and, try it and, if it doesn't fit, return it? Maybe the heatsink will fit, you'll just have to mount the fan a little higher or on the "rear" side of the heatsink.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon