Am i an AMD Fanboy/Intel Hater?

Samuroot1987

I form opinions firstly on the banter between friends, I then proceed to buy a product, If I like it, and it works for what I'm using it for, I'll recommend it. I have both AMD and Intel in my builds and they're both good for different tasks and price points. That reminds me, I really need to get one of those 8 core AMDs ..

#!

I don't see the point in being a fanboy, it seems to me that it can be very disadvantageous. If you stick to a certain brand simply because it is that brand, you may be getting less value for your money. It seems completely superficial to me, I care way more about getting the most out of my money than exercising unflinching brand loyalty. It makes much more sense to compare your options and decide based on what you actually need from the product and base your purchase on that, not on some positive associations you've made up in your mind about that brand.

Try telling that to an apple fanboy...

I myself have an Intel i5 3570k because I could afford it, but for my friend who had a low budget I got an AMD 965 x4 Black Edition.

Try telling that to an apple fanboy...

Haha yeah. I do use Apple products myself, I have an iPhone and a MacBook. For my purposes they have served me incredibly well, but I will not buy something simply because it's an Apple product. 

i5 3570K • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP • 2x Asus GTX 670 SLI • Asus Sabertooth z77 • Asus PCE-AC66 • Crucial M4 256GB • Corsair AX 850 • Sound Blaster Xz • Fractal Define R4 • Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 • Dell U2713HM • Sennheiser RS 180 • Fanatec Porsche GT2 Wheel • Clubsport Pedals

I only use AMD for my builds, but that's mainly because you can't beat them at my price point.

Best performance for the price is a pretty big factor,

Hello, The reason i ask this is beacuse im wondering myself waht otehr think. Am i a AMD fanboy for anly wanting to put AMD in my builds?

To be honest, there's to many potential reasons as to why you're using AMD to call it either way :-p IMO being a fanboy has more to do with the way you behave yourself in discussions than it has to do with your actual preferences :-p being a fan does not equal being a fanboy.

This even counts if you chose a product that has a worse performance/price ratio than comparable products. Liking something over something else is fine.

I commend the community on being mature and having a level-headed discussion about this controversial topic.

I love this forum...

*squeal* 

LINUS!

Buy all the planes! Im also bad at quoting!

wow wasn't long before another potential riot thread was going to be created :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I love this forum...

Same here but maturity seems to be lacking here on these type of threads lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Ive been called an AMD fanboy in the past because i usually go with them for graphics and i prefer them for cpu.

AMD usually offer better performance/dollar over nvidia in the graphics market (i know some people may disagree but its what i find)

As for CPU ive always found amd systems to be more stable. I dunno why but ive had less random crashes when using an amd platform. (Although i use intel at this moment)

Ultimately it comes down to personal preference and experience.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D