Case LED fans setup

dre92

First of all, I am not quite sure where to post this topic, so I am sorry if I post in the wrong section and mods feel free to relocate my post.

I have a Phantom 410 and I am getting kinda bored with its look. I have the white one with black strips. Currently there are 4 blue LED Cougar Dual-X 120mm fans, 1 120mm NZXT stock fan (no LED), and 1 140mm NZXT stock fan with blue LED. 2 of the Cougar fans are installed at the front as intake and the other 2 are at the top as exhaust. The stock 120mm NZXT fan is installed at the back as exhaust, and the 140mm one is installed at the side panel as intake. So basically my case lights up blue when turned on and that's it. At first I liked it but now it's getting kinda boring.

Now, I am thinking of changing the look by removing some of the blue LED fans and put in some white LED fans. I am looking for the "frosty blue" look, but I can't quite figure out where to put the LED fans properly in order to achieve it. Btw, I am also gonna replace all the fans with Corsair new AF fans with blue / white LED, except for the top because I am planning on getting a dual rad (still haven't decided what AIO unit I'll get) so I will be getting the SP fans (also with blue/white LED) for it. For the sake of creating a positive airflow, all the front, side, and back fans are going to be intakes and the only exhaust will be at the top. I already have the Silverstone magnetic fan filters for the side panel and the back intake, so I hope there won't be too much dust built up inside.

So now, I'd like to ask you, where should I put the white and blue LED fans in order to get the "frosty blue" look inside my Phantom 410?

Please, I know I can get LED stripes from NZXT or Bitfenix, but I've had experiences with them and I'm not very pleased, so please stick only to the LED fans. If you have other recommendation for the case fans itself then feel free to also post your suggestion down below.

Thank you.

"Yippie-ki-yay motherf**ker!"  ~John McClane

Could we get some pictures?  I'd love to visualize it at least.  

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Could we get some pictures?  I'd love to visualize it at least.  

Sorry, I'm still at work, but I'll post pictures of my case as soon as I get home.

im going to assume he means something like this  but in the  410

350x700px-LL-fa0c57ae_DSC_0057.jpeg

desk_zps79c38f62.jpg

I'd recommend Enermax's T.B.Vegas fans, they come in blue and white, move more air, and are quieter. They also work as rad fans due to a good amount static pressure. Though with the low thickness and FPI of AiO rads the value of high SP is debatable. But pricing and availability might be an issue for you due to location.

As for positioning, I'm not sure. I think I'd just alternate blue/white/blue/white/etc.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

im going to assume he means something like this  but in the  410

350x700px-LL-fa0c57ae_DSC_0057.jpeg

Yes, something like this but with a little bit more blue. The kind of blue that you find on the Siberia V2 headset, but it doesn't necessarily have to be the same blue on every spot of the case, because I will only use LED fans and I realize that it's impossible unless I use LED strips which I'm not a big fan of. Perhaps something like a gradient where e.g. the front portion of the case mostly lights up white but the back portion of the case lights up blue and in the middle is like a transition between them. The orientation doesn't have to be from the front to the back, it can also be from the bottom to the top or the other way around. I just haven't figured out which one would give me the best result, and how many white and blue fans I should be using.

There's also Bitfenix Spectre Pros, which come in solid white with different color LEDs or ones that come clear with a slight tint with LEDS.

They move a decent amount of air and noise levels are pretty good, but they're not cheap. (about $20 a piece)

BF-SPRO-120W-BL.png

item_L_5399329_2218402.jpg

"Think of all the beer you saved!." - Charles C.

There's also Bitfenix Spectre Pros, which come in solid white with different color LEDs or ones that come clear with a slight tint with LEDS.

They move a decent amount of air and noise levels are pretty good, but they're not cheap. (about $20 a piece)

BF-SPRO-120W-BL.png

I didn't know about this particular one. I thought all the spectre pro fans with LEDs have black translucent body. This really looks cool and I will definitely consider this one, thank you very much.

You're very welcome, Dre. :)

In case you are wondering, this is what my case currently looks like. I'm really sorry for the bad picture quality, I used my phone's camera.

plfp8Mf.jpg

4iupieP.jpg

Like I said, it only lights up blue and it's pretty boring.

Thanks for the tips, I have the most boring set up ever and was looking to add some new fans for color, this will help greatly.  

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips, I have the most boring set up ever and was looking to add some new fans for color, this will help greatly.  

Glad that helped you out, Dookie!

@Dre- I too have a Phantom case with blue LEDs, and yeah, it can get pretty boring fairly easy.