Trying to boot elementary os from flash drive

Go to solution Solved by TheWall,

Might be something to do with compatibilities... Dig around in the OS's forums... They should have someone there who can help you...

Try it on an Intel-based rig, if you have one, to rule out a corrupted image...

i tried my main rig and discovered that it was because i needed to set it to legacy instead of uefi. Thanks a ton for the help!

I have installed the elementary os iso on a flash drive, and i want to try it out on my laptop (amd apu, so no nvidia) and when i boot from it i get options to either try elementary os, install it or repair disk. I want to try it, but then i get error unsupported image type, and shortly after i get the elementary os logo. and then nothing happens after that

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

try formatting the flash drive and trying again. did you use Rufus to rip the ISO to your USB stick?

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

try formatting the flash drive and trying again. did you use Rufus to rip the ISO to your USB stick?

universal usb installer

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have installed the elementary os iso on a flash drive, and i want to try it out on my laptop (amd apu, so no nvidia) and when i boot from it i get options to either try elementary os, install it or repair disk. I want to try it, but then i get error unsupported image type, and shortly after i get the elementary os logo. and then nothing happens after that

Use Rufus... I just did it with Linux Mint 17 earlier today...

Also, try looking around in the linux forums on AMD compatibility... I remember hearing something about bad compatibility between AMD gpus and Linux distros...

Also, try looking around in the linux forums on AMD compatibility... I remember hearing something about bad compatibility between AMD gpus and Linux distros...

Trying out rufus

same thing happens with rufus

same thing happens with rufus

Might be something to do with compatibilities... Dig around in the OS's forums... They should have someone there who can help you...

i tried my main rig and discovered that it was because i needed to set it to legacy instead of uefi. Thanks a ton for the help!

Glad to be of service. o7

Be sure to mark the topic as solved.